Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Is that just strapped to an orange?  Does it keep that HR or does it just spike now and then?

Damn there goes the local pro's market... taken by an orange....

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it seems if you put some orange cling film it ups your heart rate by almost double, bingo, execs are safe.

Anyone brave enough to admit not making their weekly goal yet? :devil: :devil: :ph34r: :whistling:

I have missed last week but due to them not showing a gym swipe on Friday. Have mailed them so hopefully they correct it.

I have missed last week but due to them not showing a gym swipe on Friday. Have mailed them so hopefully they correct it.

missed them ALL since they scrapped strava.

garmin connect still won't sync properly.  

it's now having the opposite effect on my exercise habits (or. rather, my willingness to be arsed enough to upload data).

So. Be. It.

Anyone brave enough to admit not making their weekly goal yet? :devil: :devil: :ph34r: :whistling:

Haven't missed a target yet. After taking a full 8 days off the bike after 6 months of good training, I have worked out how to adjust for recovery weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was in Dec after my Mtb fall.

Was admitted on Thursday, had X-rays, etc taken. Paid for by Discovery, no problem.

Neck was injured, but x-rays showed everything in order, waited for Orthopedic surgeon to come see me, by Sat afternoon he still did not arrive. Emergency room Dr contacted him to find out when he is coming to see me, only to be told "he forgot about me" and that he could not see me over the weekend. Was discharged by ER docter and told to report back on Monday and to go straight to Ortho.

Did just that, more ex-rays was taken, same result., nothing broken or cracked (although my left index finger was clearly broken, still struggling with it, and x-rays was taken of my hand)

Was then told to go to Neuro surgeon, which I did. (consultation paid out of my pocket -R1250.00) This was on the Monday.

Neuro guy did a cursory exam and told me that MRI is needed for my neck, he booked me into the hospital again, and authorisation was obtained for procedure. Laid in Hospital for two days before MRI was done. 

Discovery now refutes the claim, saying it was "preventative treatment, not as direct result of fall" This, according to them, is due to the fact that it could not have been as serious if the Dr discharged me on the Sat and I went back again on the Monday. There was also some confusion regarding the procedure codes used by Neuro and the Ortho from ER that discharged me again the Wednesday after the MRI was done.

Disco says they've exhausted all the avenues now, I must PAY BACK THE MONEY.....

Edit = I only have the Hospital Plan.

Did you put in a claim with CSA? Up to 20k payout