Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect it's cos that's all I got up to on the previous version, and I've missed 2 goals

So discovery won't increase point goals to those who missed a couple of weekly goals. Makes no sense. I would think it's the same for all, no matter how many points any individual achieve a week or not.

I have been selectively loading to vitality at 700 a week, 1 long run for 300pts and 4 gym visits for 100 each, no other rides/runs/activities have been uploaded to my second GC account with is linked to vitality.. so I should be on my max at 700.  Will be interesting to see if and how long it stays there!!

So discovery won't increase point goals to those who missed a couple of weekly goals. Makes no sense. I would think it's the same for all, no matter how many points any individual achieve a week or not.

it cannot be the same for all. It depends on the points you make each week. You cannot expect for someone that only goes to gym 5 times a week to chase a goal of 700+ points.

are you finding it challenging to meet your goals ?

it cannot be the same for all. It depends on the points you make each week. You cannot expect for someone that only goes to gym 5 times a week to chase a goal of 700+ points.

New goal 700. Went for easy ride this morning and got 300. Should make the new weekly goal. (uploading everything)

.....snip....

Nope.

Just trying to make sense of how Discovery structure the points goal system for VAR

Got my first 3000 pointer for the 50 Miler. Now I'm having a lie down. Erik K won the 160km at 29kph, and probably went for another lap. He will also get 3,000 points. In some respects I am just like a pro... But not all. :(

Nope.

Just trying to make sense of how Discovery structure the points goal system for VAR

Impossible to make any sense of it. But it will be fair soon when we all get to 1200 points.

Think the actuaries using the same algorithm that was such a success first time around!

Think you have more chance guessing the loto numbers than working out how the points system works with the increases ;)

Apart from complaints about HR zones and the ineffectiveness of the iWatch to record heart rates, it seems they've fixed the tech issues?

Odd thing though is it seems so random, I haven't had any problems logging into the site or the app(android)at all, neither with redeeming rewards, so if there was a tech issue, surely it would affect everyone?

Also with the algorithm used to determine goals, again - no obvious pattern re. Increase in goal versus points earned.

Last week with the rain over the weekend I only met my goal on the last day (Friday) with a spinning session, goal didn't move from 600 (was 600 the week before)

With my ride today I got 600pts so met it on day 2, so will see if that results in a push towards a higher goal.

My wife has not been able to view her "Active Rewards" for 2 weeks now. From Android, iOS or their webpage. Get an "error 500" from the PC and just an "error" from mobile devices. My profile works 100% I can see via our "Team Progress" that her activities are being captured though.

Called to log a call, was told by Disco that they are no longer taking calls for Vitailty Active issues and the only way to help is to log a call via mail. Did this a week ago, still not working this morning. So have no idea what her target is this week. Will have to guess based on the progress bar on my profile. Also will have to assume points are being allocated correctly.

I'm only a few weeks away of leaving the program all together. Was fun for a while but it's become a hassle. Couldn't be bothered anymore.