Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I'm over this rewards programme now. And when my life payout matures in September I think I'll be over Discovery completely.

This is the most important aspect that they miss. In the financial services industry, TRUST is of the utmost importance. If you loose trust and faith in a company/ adviser its tickets.

This whole mess with the rewards programme causes clients to loose faith and trust in Discovery as a whole. I personally know of two people who cancelled other Discovery products (One guy had a all the products-Life, Invest, Insure and Health, and it's a big portfolio) due the lack of trust caused by this mess.

Apart from this, I also have three of my cycling buddies who was on the verge of signing up with Vitality and was also willing to buy life products (which is compulsory to get Vitality).

Now if I know of 5 people, how many are there? It's time Discovery seriously address this problem. It's going to cost them big time.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.....we know......it's a smoothie game......kry vir jou ń suigstokkie......

http://www.aeliadutyfree.fr/media/image/1200x/aelia-duty-free-chupa%20chups-chupa-chups-mega-chup-avec-15-sucettes-86211-fr-86211-2-2.jpg

yip all about the smoothie. oh and cash backs which have just landed in my account. I will still ride my bike, go for a run or go to gym anyway so this doesn't push me to do more to get the rewards. We love freebies, human nature...

@ Candz1 

Did you submit any heart rate data? 

Disco only takes 1 set of data, so if you had a slow race and only got 100 points but your heart rate scored you 300 then you will get 300 only. 

You can email till you blue in the face, all you get is a polite response but nothing comes of it, even if you follow up on that polite email, you just get another reply.  They also claim to pull through any events that are Roag (eg) timed events, yet ive done 2 such events and no points for either. 

It has already cost them. I've just added a few more policies for me and the wife. Initially all were Discovery products but I ended up giving them nothing. Not a cent. They have so much fine print in everything they offer.

Anyone do Parkrun this past weekend that still has not had the points for that come through?

Usually this has come through on the day shortly after getting the results....

EDIT: Just so that the full scope of the sync issues is understood to be more than just Garmin\Polar etc

Yip. I did ParkRun. Nada points yet. But my ParkRuns normally only update on a Wednesday.

Still amazes me the Colossal backfire this has become.

Discovery Vitality wanted to stop some individuals who were "gaming" their system. So instead of weeding them out and banning them with a little detective work they changed their entire system. Poorly thought through and put together, I shudder to think how many emails, complaints, moans, queries they now have to deal with day after day, after effectively painting all their clients as cheats.

The actual cheats merely get more creative at bucking the new system, and the active energetic fit people just get disgruntled, annoyed, frustrated at all the added admin, with the result that they start considering moving away to the competitors schemes.

Discovery, chronic fail in my opinion.

My fun starts as soon as they raise my goal above 700. My heart rate beats so low naturally that I have to go close to full out to reach 140bpm. Just crazy. I think selling the watch makes the most sense, and paying off Apple. At least then not reaching goals wont cost me. Who needs smoothies anyway.

I have no idea how I'm going to get back to GOLD next year.

I'm over this rewards programme now. And when my life payout matures in September I think I'll be over Discovery completely.

This is the most important aspect that they miss. In the financial services industry, TRUST is of the utmost importance. If you loose trust and faith in a company/ adviser its tickets.

This whole mess with the rewards programme causes clients to loose faith and trust in Discovery as a whole. I personally know of two people who cancelled other Discovery products (One guy had a all the products-Life, Invest, Insure and Health, and it's a big portfolio) due the lack of trust caused by this mess.

Apart from this, I also have three of my cycling buddies who was on the verge of signing up with Vitality and was also willing to buy life products (which is compulsory to get Vitality).

Now if I know of 5 people, how many are there? It's time Discovery seriously address this problem. It's going to cost them big time.

Exactly.  Well put.

i pay for 3 peeps on Med Aid & Vitality; 2 peeps on life insurance; 1 for income continuation; 2 for disability & dread disease; and 1 motor vehicle.  Currently exploring other short-term ins options (eg household contents) but there have been hassles.

That's a shedload of assorted premiums, fees and charges.

PPS & Profmed would LOVE to have my business...

If and when i lose my patience, ALL the above Disco business will disappear.

Still amazes me the Colossal backfire this has become.

Discovery Vitality wanted to stop some individuals who were "gaming" their system. So instead of weeding them out and banning them with a little detective work they changed their entire system. Poorly thought through and put together, I shudder to think how many emails, complaints, moans, queries they now have to deal with day after day, after effectively painting all their clients as cheats.

The actual cheats merely get more creative at bucking the new system, and the active energetic fit people just get disgruntled, annoyed, frustrated at all the added admin, with the result that they start considering moving away to the competitors schemes.

Discovery, chronic fail in my opinion.

My fun starts as soon as they raise my goal above 700. My heart rate beats so low naturally that I have to go close to full out to reach 140bpm. Just crazy. I think selling the watch makes the most sense, and paying off Apple. At least then not reaching goals wont cost me. Who needs smoothies anyway.

I have no idea how I'm going to get back to GOLD next year.

Gold is actually #### easy to get.  Go for assorted tests at pharmacy 2 x per year.  Fill in all the online assessments.  Go to a dietitian.  Go for a fitness assessment. 

They replied to my Fb post saying they are aware of the issues from the 16th - 20th and will rectified asap. Dont know how long this will take though.

Discovery should reward me for every email I have to send to get my fitness and activity points sorted out. I'll make 5000 points per week easy!

yip all about the smoothie. oh and cash backs which have just landed in my account. I will still ride my bike, go for a run or go to gym anyway so this doesn't push me to do more to get the rewards. We love freebies, human nature...

But I think we value ethics more.............

I have to get 90000 points for a family of 4 for Gold. Relying on the 30000 for cycle races made it doable once all the assessments and online stuff was done.

With my heart rate earning me only 100 points on a good day, and sometimes 300 points at a race, with Discoverys selective race list I am going to fall far short

What's easy for some isn't for others.

that's only if you have any

I know most of us do...............good people fight for what is right.......leeches syphon a system for all they can get and then tend to make noise when they can't get their handouts.........

I have to get 90000 points for a family of 4 for Gold. Relying on the 30000 for cycle races made it doable once all the assessments and online stuff was done.

With my heart rate earning me only 100 points on a good day, and sometimes 300 points at a race, with Discoverys selective race list I am going to fall far short

What's easy for some isn't for others.

Get the other 3 people to do all their tests too and voila, you're on gold. (2 of the 3 will be kids or your gold requirement would be higher!) You can't make up points for the 1 other adult member on your own. They need to do the same tests you're doing. Book them to do the tests and send them on their way! (I used to have this same problem when my ex wife was still on my scheme! Booted her off about 6 years ago as she kept missing the appointments after a couple of efforts!)

Get the other 3 people to do all their tests too and voila, you're on gold. (2 of the 3 will be kids or your gold requirement would be higher!) You can't make up points for the 1 other adult member on your own. They need to do the same tests you're doing. Book them to do the tests and send them on their way! (I used to have this same problem when my ex wife was still on my scheme! Booted her off about 6 years ago as she kept missing the appointments after a couple of efforts!)

An annoying ex can get you 5,000 points if you attend Anger Management? I think...