Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bruce. So it's an opt in

Also saw that you have to apply... another fee to opt in no doubt  :ph34r:

Seems that they've taken a few steps in the right direction.

Now there's 50; 100; 200; 300; 450; 600 point options which makes more sense.

and will be able to opt out ?

What are the benefits of relocating into the Endurance / Performance cat. ?

Majority can just stay in the normal cat. which is capped at 900 points.

Will also be interesting to see how often you can switch. A lot of us to shorter rides in winter just to keep fit but in the summer you start hitting those long rides again. Would be cool if we can opt in or out all the time but I'm certain they wont allow that. If you opt in, it'll probably have to be for a year.

LOL. Nah, probably just an agreement that you recognise that hte cap is 1,200 points bla bla bla... 

Don't know if its only me, but this seems easier than the normal one.

Don't see much difference

Endurance do a normal 3hr+ ride on Saturday for 600 points and a recovery ride or for me a run on Sunday and get 300 points. Will still need to do one more exercise in the week for 300 points to get to 1200 (else another long ride on the Sunday)

Normal do a ride on Saturday 60+mins for 300 and a ride/run on Sunday for 300 points, still need to do another exercise during the week for 300 to get to 900.

Only advantage I can see is to do 2 endurance exercises over a weekend (600+600) and you can clap the points in 2 rather than 3 workouts.

Don't see much difference

Endurance do a normal 3hr+ ride on Saturday for 600 points and a recovery ride or for me a run on Sunday and get 300 points. Will still need to do one more exercise in the week for 300 points to get to 1200 (else another long ride on the Sunday)

Normal do a ride on Saturday 60+mins for 300 and a ride/run on Sunday for 300 points, still need to do another exercise during the week for 300 to get to 900.

Only advantage I can see is to do 2 endurance exercises over a weekend (600+600) and you can clap the points in 2 rather than 3 workouts.

For me, my 2 weekend rides should be long enough to get 600 on each, and if I fall short then 2 easy mid week activities will get me there.

Either way, not too concerned but it will just allow me the chance to have a few lazy days in the week.

I like the fact that they recognise the longer base type efforts. This is much more in line with the type of training I do, so I will be one of the first to opt in.

Very well explained shaper, it actually is not going to make much of a difference in the end. The difference comes in when you do those long base rides. On the normal programme you will be limited to 100 points(speed workout as you will be below 70%), whereas on the performance one if you go 3 hours plus you will actually get 600 points for the same workout if you stay above 60% which is barely moving TBH. Active recovery rides will also earn you more than the standard 100 on the performance option.

For fit people who already train more than 3 times per week the 900 goal on normal or 1200 on performance will be a breeze to achieve.