Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Ok, so the wife and I decided to change over to Momentum next year. Discovery's Vitality thing has just left such a bad taste in our mouths (particularly my wife's) as changing the goal posts constantly not only leads to frustration, but confusion as well (my wife likes her free smoothies).

At least now we are on a rewards programme that puts cash back into our medical savings if we stay fit and active. And we end up paying a lot less than on Discovery for very similar benefits (keeping in mind that we are not on chronic medication).

Good luck to all the peeps on Discovery and particularly those who have to deal with Vitality.

I wish you all the luck in the world with Momentum. If you think Discovery is bad they are even worse. I use both Discovery and Momentum and to get to the same points statuses on Momentum is nigh on impossible.

I am diamond with Discovery and dont have any hassles reaching gold every year to maintain my status. For the past 2 years I can barely make gold( platinum is the top tier on Momentum). You would think that being able to reach the top tier on the one would easily qualify you for the other one as well but definitely not the case.

The cash backs and rewards with Discovery also far outweigh momentum and are always very easy to achieve. And a simple phone call to the help desk and an email if they have missed something has always resolved my issues quickly and smoothly. If they have missed something I regularly get a complimentary smoothie voucher for my hassles.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought so too.

The HR max wouldn't have given her anything  because we really didn't push it, even stopped for coffee and a muffin at K-bosch but I thought at least the 30min+ speed data.

She did it with her FitBit Blaze and when she logged the workout it just said activity too slow for points or something like that.

Strange

The speed data is exactly that, you need to do it at a certain speed.  Think its 5 or 6km's per hour.

post-44358-0-12111000-1477218007_thumb.jpg

So its been 3 weeks of hit & miss for my workouts to synch to vitality. Something happened 3 weeks ago that caused workouts synched with Garmin Express (on my laptop) to fail to synch with Vitality. If I was lucky the Garmin Connect app would pick up my workout and it would go through fine. Last weeks activities all synched fine with GC but today GC wouldn't see my workout. I synched with GE and boom...nothing on Vitality and its back to emailing workouts to Vitality. Still waiting for manual workouts from 3 weeks ago to be acknowledged (Yup, Apple watch involved)

All syncs happening no issue at all, even Satellite race yesterday 1500 points awarded without having to do a manual upload

Strange that yesterday's race is picked up immediately, and the Amashova not (or took 5 days to reflect.

I know ASG has their finger in the Vitality pie (the web store being one of them), so that could be the reason.

Anyone look into Sanlam Reality in comparison to Disco Vitality?

as of 6 months ago (and nothing has really changed since then) it's a woeful comparison. 

I'll have another look at it next year, when the benefits are most likely to be refreshed, but for now there are only really Multiply & Vitality that share teh spotlight. Anything else is fighting for last place. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Anyone know of an app or program which can 'crop' workouts?

Want to edit out the low HR portions of my workouts to hit the 80%. 

attachicon.gifGarmin Workouts.JPG

So its been 3 weeks of hit & miss for my workouts to synch to vitality. Something happened 3 weeks ago that caused workouts synched with Garmin Express (on my laptop) to fail to synch with Vitality. If I was lucky the Garmin Connect app would pick up my workout and it would go through fine. Last weeks activities all synched fine with GC but today GC wouldn't see my workout. I synched with GE and boom...nothing on Vitality and its back to emailing workouts to Vitality. Still waiting for manual workouts from 3 weeks ago to be acknowledged (Yup, Apple watch involved)

I have had 2 workouts that didn't sync with Vitality in the last few weeks. Random Tuesday and Thursday rides.

Sent emails, got auto replies. Had 1 phone call, but no update just yet.

Do the majority of the people here just do the minimum to reach the weekly awards so much so that they have to worry about whether a single workout syncs or not with Discovery?

Do the majority of the people here just do the minimum to reach the weekly awards so much so that they have to worry about whether a single workout syncs or not with Discovery?

I have given up on it, can't remember when last I even checked to see if I qualified and got the smoothie reward.

I have given up on it, can't remember when last I even checked to see if I qualified and got the smoothie reward.

If you got the app installed you will get notification on the Wednesday morning that you have a reward... so need to check anything.!!

Training for IM I dont have to check if I hit the targets or not. In the winter months its a bit more difficult thought hehe

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

If you got the app installed you will get notification on the Wednesday morning that you have a reward... so need to check anything.!!

App is installed, no notifications forthcoming.

Checked just now, getting max 300 points per workout, even for an 5:30 effort.