Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

i see to do the high performance fitness assessment, you had to finish certain races within specified times.  how do they check this?  do you have to submit your results to discovery?

i qualified with my time for the Stellies Cycle Tour, but didn't bother submitting a result as it was 600 points already for a 2 hour "workout".

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know, thanks

Jip did my Health check today.

The smoking decleration will give you points but depends how many other goals you reach for the amount you get.

All Vitality points automatically reflect on your Vitality Points Monitor within two weeks.

Assessment Goal Range vitality_points_calculation.jpg Weight assessment which includes weight, height and waist circumference for men and women 18 years and over Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18.5 and 24.9 OR BMI between 25 – 29.9, and a waist circumference of less than 94cm for males and less than 80cm for females Blood pressure Reading of 140mmHg/90mmHg or less Glucose Reading of less than 7.8 mmol/l Cholesterol Reading of less than 5 mmol/l Smoking status Non-smoker for a minimum of 12 months

Assessment Goal Range Weight assessment which includes weight, height and waist circumference for men and women 18 years and over Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18.5 and 24.9 OR BMI between 25 – 29.9, and a waist circumference of less than 94cm for males and less than 80cm for females Blood pressure Reading of 140mmHg/90mmHg or less Glucose Reading of less than 7.8 mmol/l Cholesterol Reading of less than 5 mmol/l Smoking status Non-smoker for a minimum of 12 months

Good to see some sense being applied to BMI.

Apple Watch users - so you have to sync with Apple Workouts to get points, but Strava is so much better - how do you use Strava on watch and still get points?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Apple Watch users - so you have to sync with Apple Workouts to get points, but Strava is so much better - how do you use Strava on watch and still get points?

You can't - something lack of integrity with the data (3rd party).

Have they sorted out your problem yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't - something lack of integrity with the data (3rd party).

Have they sorted out your problem yet?

Yes they have, thanks! I find you can start an Apple workout, wait for hr to come through, then start Strava. So both run. But it's a mission

Edited by brucem76

So.... my points goal changed today from 900 to 1200. Pretty sure I haven't done a high performance test ever. Has Discovery applied a new rule to increase the points goal based on other criteria?

I find the high performance much much easier

Yebo. The fact you can score up to 600 points for a session certainly makes it easier but only if you doing long sessions anyway. If you are not the 900 is easier to attain.

The reason I'm staying on the 900 option is as follows:

Sat: >60min @70% = 300;

Sun-Fri: 10k steps/gym swipe = 100/day.

It allows me the option to do a proper recovery week without the VAR affected my training, or my training affecting my benefits from VAR.

I could effectively extend this through the following week it the recovery isn't aligned with the VAR schedule.

On the High Performance option, I'd have to do a 600-point workout to get the 100/day option for the rest of the week.

Did the 100 points for 10,000 steps for kids/teens fall away?]

Seems like they added an option for kids/teens who gym to earn 100 points per gym visit... (Not sure that this is an actual healthy decision - strong muscles and growing bones etc!)

At least they still give 300 points for kids who parkrun