Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Team Vitality was ZAR600 this year - is that right?

Also, no race cashbacks due to a "technical problem", despite me repeatedly querying my lack of cashbacks.

They also refused to pay my chronic meds in Dec, which i collected 2 weeks' early due HOLIDAYS, for pete's sake.

Their admin is really starting to get completely bunged up...

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Vitality was ZAR600 this year - is that right?

Also, no race cashbacks due to a "technical problem", despite me repeatedly querying my lack of cashbacks.

They also refused to pay my chronic meds in Dec, which i collected 2 weeks' early due HOLIDAYS, for pete's sake.

Their admin is really starting to get completely bunged up...

Cycling club is R600 pa. Doubt this includes CSA affiliation?

Running club is R300 pa. Which excludes your ASA license, which is an additional R100

Cycling Team Vitality or the Running Team Vitality - or both?

If you've joined the running, then you're sorted - only have to activate it from the phone app. No additional cost. Buy shoes, get up to 25% back initially and then the remaining 75% (max R2000) paid back over 12 months.

If you've only joined the cycling, then you have to pay R300 to activate it (and get a running membership with it).

OK I'm good then

Regarding the fitness assessments:

I asked the Vitality helpline to point me to the providers that are registered with them to do the High Performance Fitness Assessment. They told me that they don't know, I need to phone the Bio's directly and ask them. What's the point of "registering" on the system if the system can't even give the list of registered people.

Anyway, so mailed a bunch of Biokineticists and got some feedback. Basically Vitality informed all the Bio's on their system that all fitness assessments will henceforth be done on Wattbikes and that they need to complete a training course on the new assessment before they can do it themselves.

So if you are planning to do a fitness assessment, be it the normal one or the High Performance, your best bet is to contact someone doing it at a Virgin Active where you know they have the Wattbikes.

Even more reason to do the High Performance Test instead of the normal assessment:

"* The points you earn from your Vitality Fitness Assessment contribute towards your yearly cap of 30 000 fitness points. The bonus points you earn from your Vitality High Performance Fitness Assessment don’t contribute towards your yearly cap of 30 000 fitness points."

I am booked for my High Performance Assessment on Friday morning, will give some feedback on the experience.

Has anyone activated the Shoe Booster benefit yet?

I did my fitness assessment on 4th January. They told me to wait 7 days for points to register. After 7 days I called to ask why my points haven't been allocated, they told me to email my query through. Emailed my query through, it took 3 days for a response telling me to send them my results. Now I'm waiting another 3 days for them to look at my results.

Anyway, two weeks later and I am still holding off the shoe booster until the fitness test is resolved.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I am booked for my High Performance Assessment on Friday morning, will give some feedback on the experience.

Cancel that, Bio just called to inform me that Discovery doesn't allow any private Bio's to do the High Performance Assessment currently. Only the High Performace Centre at University of Pretoria can do it.

Funny thing is, I have a friend that is a Bio at HPC and he says they have not received their go-ahead yet from Discovery, so they haven't done an assessment yet.

Back to square-one. Will probably do a normal assessment to be able to buy my shoes on the Shoe Booster.

Ping Myles

My wife is at 36 weeks with our second son, she is now freaking out because he is not covered in our life insurance if I get hit by a car while chasing KOM's up Constania Nek. They say as there is no birth certificate we cannot increase life insurance etc on un born child. 

I am now a pro at dealing with pregnant ladies, so decided to come to the smartest discovery person I know, rather than trying to engage. 

Any suggestions? She is worried about the kids education, not so much the other expenses. 

Edited by Pure Savage

Ping Myles

My wife is at 36 weeks with our second son, she is now freaking out because its not covered in our life insurance if I get hit by a car while chasing KOM's up Constania Nek. They say as there is no birth certificate we cannot increase life insurance etc on un born child. 

I am now a pro at dealing with pregnant ladies, so decided to come to the smartest discovery person I know, rather than trying to engage. 

Any suggestions? She is worried about the kids education, not so much the other expenses. 

PM inbound, let's sort this out. 

This is BS, unless they're talking about utilising your future cover benefit. You can increase your life cover & disability cover whenever the hell you want to. 

Oh and let's chat about the stuff before the bold as well. If you have life cover, you're covered if you die. Period. Unless you were robbing someone or something. But I know you'll want to discuss it anyway... 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Ping Myles

My wife is at 36 weeks with our second son, she is now freaking out because its not covered in our life insurance if I get hit by a car while chasing KOM's up Constania Nek. They say as there is no birth certificate we cannot increase life insurance etc on un born child.

It sounds like she is plotting your assassination and she is angry because she has to wait another 4 weeks to do it, so that she can claim life insurance.

Haha just kidding, I know how apprehensive a pregnant woman can be.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Anyone got their licence yet or are we all still waiting for ASA?

Still waiting.. had an email from Disco last week saying that will let me know when available for collection

Those with a apple watch... how do you use strava and send points to discovery at the same time? Open a run or cycle and open strava?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those with a apple watch... how do you use strava and send points to discovery at the same time? Open a run or cycle and open strava?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't play nicely. Best way - start Apple workout on watch, and Strava on phone.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Anyone got their licence yet or are we all still waiting for ASA?

there is a delay at ASA, according to our provincial body license numbers will only be available early Feb (same as last year IIRC)

there is a delay at ASA, according to our provincial body license numbers will only be available early Feb (same as last year IIRC)

not with Discovery, and receive my numbers last week via my running club. Based in CGA if that matters