Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Do I need to take the whole family to do the Dischem thing, before I qualify for the full 25% cash back on healthy gear @ sportsmans?

Yes, but it's the Fitness test at the biokineticist, not the Health screening at Dischem/Clicks.

Edit:

I found that out last year when I purchased my Garmin from SWH.

Here is their reply via Twitter:

Hi Gerald,

In order to qualify for 25% HealthyGear cash back at your preferred store (i.e. Sportsmans Warehouse), both you and your wife need to complete your Online Fitness Assessment as well as your Vitality Fitness Assessment.

We can see that you have completed both of these assessments, and "The Mrs" has only completed her Online Fitness Assessment. She'll need to also complete her Vitality Fitness Assessment with a biokineticist within the Vitality network in order for your cash back at Sportsmans Warehouse to increase to 25%.

Thanks.

Edited by geraldm24

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After having recently coming out as a multi sport participant  :P , MTB race distances have primarily been less than 40km. Did my first >60km race at Fast One, which was a fair bit under the required 3h30. 

Looks like you may need to read through the thread you started, last week, and get some tips.  :whistling:

Anyone else buy shoes on the Shoe Booster benefit? If yes, have you been paid out for your 10-25% yet.

Below is a screen shot of the shoes I bought, at Sportsman's Warehouse, and the latest reply from them. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on that funny looking icon that has the word Discovery on it... I'm assuming it is related to the cash back at SWH or is it the transaction for Discovery Miles.

Gerald, we do apologise for the delay as this query is taking longer than we had anticipated. We're awaiting for Sportsmans Warehouse to resend us this transaction to resolve this query as your running shoes reflected as a non-qualifying item on our system, hence no cashback was allocated once this was calculated. We will provide you with feedback as soon as that has been made available to us. We appreciate your continued patience.

Thanks.

0ce7209bd6c9863a8a76a598751d3ed7.jpg

Means it qualifies as "healthy gear"

You'll probably find that there is a problem with the systems actually syncing or that the barcode was incorrect or something. But it definitely qualifies for the 10/15/25% off

Means it qualifies as "healthy gear"

You'll probably find that there is a problem with the systems actually syncing or that the barcode was incorrect or something. But it definitely qualifies for the 10/15/25% off

thanks Myles.

According to them, the shoe I purchased doesn't qualify for the shoe booster benefit, despite the sales guys at SWH saying it does.

thanks Myles.

According to them, the shoe I purchased doesn't qualify for the shoe booster benefit, despite the sales guys at SWH saying it does.

Funny. Cos for the first 3 months it's supposed to be open to all running shoes on the shelf.

Funny. Cos for the first 3 months it's supposed to be open to all running shoes on the shelf.

all as in the ones marked with the cash back logo?

I'm okay now, had a 60-min session on the IDT with the Garmin. It kept saying "Power is too high." - vented on the pedals.

Will (try) take it up with someone with a little more authority.

A club member works for SWH, so I'm trying to find out more from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by geraldm24

Interesting, I activated the shoe booster yesterday and going to grab the Speedcross 4 tomorrow. Just hope I dont end up with issues too.

Interesting, I activated the shoe booster yesterday and going to grab the Speedcross 4 tomorrow. Just hope I dont end up with issues too.

why the speedcross? Not suited for our conditions at all, unless you're going to be running in mud.

Though KZN summer rains... 

I'll let you know tomorrow - one of my club mates will check tomorrow if there is a "limited" list from SWH. He said the reason given sounds a bit fishy and echo'd Myles' comment - that the cash back should be awarded if it has the logo.

why the speedcross? Not suited for our conditions at all, unless you're going to be running in mud.

Though KZN summer rains... 

Yeah running in mud, need some extra stability and grip at the outdoor shooting range.

And if the shoe booster works like it should then it ends up costing me R375 [if I meet all my goals] + the R300 activation.

I'll let you know tomorrow - one of my club mates will check tomorrow if there is a "limited" list from SWH. He said the reason given sounds a bit fishy and echo'd Myles' comment - that the cash back should be awarded if it has the logo.

As per Discovery: "Any road, trail or lightweight running shoe of any brand purchased from Sportsmans Warehouse within 30 days of activating your Shoe Booster benefit qualify for Shoe Booster cash back. Shoes that are not within these categories do not qualify for cash back."