Only 23 more spots available....

Regards

ag

We better enter soonest everyone!!! Tomorrow they will be all gone   :ph34r:

#pinapricesmustfall

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like will the guy that rode a 2:30 at 94.7 now go do a 2:18 if he just changed bikes? 

Or is it just the name. (which in some way I can understand, but not THAT big a way... If you compare what I did with R200k the last 1.5 years anyway) 

If they did a 2:30 94.7 on a normal carbon bike, now on this bike they'd do a 3:30. They'd have to ride a lot slower to ensure nobody crashed into them.

The other thing is that he motor is still the same.

That bike here costs 13'376 CHF - R190k excluding shipping and import duties etc

http://www.bellatisport.com/shop/shopping/product_details.php?id=2699

Which is about 2 months nett salary for the average person but still disproportionate. You can get a new Yamaha F6 for about 9-10k CHF. 

How many months salary is R200k for the average south african?

Average average or average 5%er?

I am asking for a raise!

because even the "nett salary" is used....

"Your “Nett Salary” is what is left of your salary after deductions have been made for PAYE (tax), UIF etc."

Flip deffo not after the government stick their fingers in there! 

JGR ....So you say the average people on the hub's CTC is around R200k per month!?! 

I think he was referring to salaries in europe

I am asking for a raise!

"Your “Nett Salary” is what is left of your salary after deductions have been made for PAYE (tax), UIF etc."

Flip deffo not after the government stick their fingers in there!

JGR ....So you say the average people on the hub's CTC is around R200k per month!?!

That bike here costs 13'376 CHF - R190k excluding shipping and import duties etc

http://www.bellatisport.com/shop/shopping/product_details.php?id=2699

Which is about 2 months nett salary for the average person but still disproportionate. You can get a new Yamaha F6 for about 9-10k CHF. 

Spinelli is what it is...the LBS near me has a Cannondale with carbon rims and durace Di whatever...Chf11'000, not even disc brakes, no pedals :eek: and its got green stripes :eek:  :eek:  

Who in their right mind pays that for a bicycle...especially a road bike which does not have a working suspension with complicated geometry and linkages, seat post dropper etc....

EDIT: i sure would not mind winning one tho..... :w00t:

JGR lives in Switzerland and was referring to avg monthly salary of swiss chf +/- 6500 - 7000 p/m, which cannot be converted to ZAR directly...cost of living is a bit more in the good ole schweiz

Oh because R200k /month is definitely not average in SA more like your average 1%

I'm relieved to hear that.... :blush:

Just hope that none of them end up looking like this :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

12239474_10153722054320842_1142603804043

I take it that this oke is ONLY going Downhill that he can afford to have his seat in that position??

I take it that this oke is ONLY going Downhill that he can afford to have his seat in that position??

That or sandpaper on his shorts ;)

My mamma sal my sooo hard klap as ek R200k vir 'n fiets betaal...ek sal nie eens die kans kry om die ding te ry nie :eek:

I am asking for a raise!

"Your “Nett Salary” is what is left of your salary after deductions have been made for PAYE (tax), UIF etc."

Flip deffo not after the government stick their fingers in there! 

I never suggested people on the hub earn R200k although I'm sure there are some and I'm acutely aware of how nett salary works :) 

I was illustrating the point that the bike is about two months nett salary here (Switzerland), so while still expensive it would be no different from someone in SA buying a R50k bike based on a R25k nett salary, which is quite common. 

My other point was that the bicycle is still more expensive than buying a new 600cc motorcycle, which I also find ridiculous. 

Whether two months, or 4 months salary is worth a bicycle I don't know but for me (mid pack at best) it isn't. 

Some other random comparisons that bike would only cost 1300 pints, if converted. 

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Switzerland&country2=South+Africa&city1=Zurich&city2=Johannesburg

But I still think you should ask for the raise ;)

How many months salary is R200k for the average south african?

Formally employed with 4-8 years exp about 4 to 5 

Archived