Gauteng Road & TT Champs 2016

Ryinc

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.....if you look at the podiums at SA's so far, anyone can really win.  ;)

Pitching up is sometimes 80% of the race. 

I would have had a top 10 11th place today.   :)

There were only 9 10 contestants in my category...

Decided to get a full license and see what happens.

In it to win it, or at least benchmark one's self against the best.

That's the idea...

Check the regulations, 1.90m and taller get up to 80cm for the TT bar extensions. 

http://www.cyclingsa.com/s/2New-position-rule-for-very-tall-riders-as-of-05052014.pdf

This is where regulations become strange. I was wondering about it being the height with or without shoes, but it's clear, "The commissaires will then proceed with a check to confirm the rider's height. The riders will have to remove their shoes before the height measurement."

So what if I am 1,89 m? And it's not always the total length that matters, but upper and lower body. Can I wear tripple socks?

This is where regulations become strange. I was wondering about it being the height with or without shoes, but it's clear, "The commissaires will then proceed with a check to confirm the rider's height. The riders will have to remove their shoes before the height measurement."

So what if I am 1,89 m? And it's not always the total length that matters, but upper and lower body. Can I wear tripple socks?

4 pairs, in case they have to stretch to reach the 1.89m height - most of the commissaires I know are very short

• 2 weeks later...

:whistling: My bad... Who will be Timing this event? 

heheheheh.

Most likely hand time / manual.

Or Championchip.

It does not really feature on seeding

Just over a week to go, anyone heard anything? Spinnekop no 'inside info' ...... would hate to think all this effort I'm putting in is for nought ????

A number of our club members was entered for the no-show event planned for mid January.

Very few, if any, entered for the mid March version.  

Will be interesting to see what actually happens.

Just over a week to go, anyone heard anything? Spinnekop no 'inside info' ...... would hate to think all this effort I'm putting in is for nought

Nothing heard.

Think it will just be a low key, boring, whomever pitches win, kinda thing.

Not interested.

Nothing heard.

Think it will just be a low key, boring, whomever pitches win, kinda thing.

Not interested.

Ai tog  :whistling:  - ah well I have entered, got a 'legal' bike, at least iI think so, done some training on it so I'll pitch .... win now that's another story  :ph34r:

A number of our club members was entered for the no-show event planned for mid January.

Very few, if any, entered for the mid March version.

Will be interesting to see what actually happens.

All but 1 of our team where entered and we haven't really discussed yet who's still in or not. Our boss is doing epic so he is definetly out. Will probably make a decision next week.

What's everyones feeling about provincials, is it worthwhile to enter for the road race?

Archived