Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"...therefore the athlete’s results extending back to March 14, 2014 will be recommended to Cycling SA for disqualification"

Only from 2014? So pretty much not allot is going to get scrapped... I'd say it should be scrapped to like back to 2008 or so.

On what grounds?... 

The timing would be based on the period relevant to the findings, surely... Otherwise you would be punishing/ sentencing the athlete for something one cannot prove. What precedent would that set?...

My letter from Emma Saddleir

Did this Emma have a name change to Samantha something or other on twitter, she is a twitter warrior trying to save Kev....

TUE gets denied, no racing allowed.

. Okay, he applied sometime after September, if I am reading this right..Did he race after that?

On what grounds?... 

The timing would be based on the period relevant to the findings, surely... Otherwise you would be punishing/ sentencing the athlete for something one cannot prove. What precedent would that set?...

I think this in conjunction with the article which states the issues were found in 2011 or so around his passport, not 2014.

Therefore strange to only ban him from 2014

Did this Emma have a name change to Samantha something or other on twitter, she is a twitter warrior trying to save Kev....

Nope @emmasadlier remains

Would love her opinion on the retraction though lol

I think this in conjunction with the article which states the issues were found in 2011 or so around his passport, not 2014.

Therefore strange to only ban him from 2014

If this is the case then my comment would stand, and refer the period to 2011...

I got the impression the 2008 statement was a mere thumb-suck.

So with the 2016 racing calendar just started, and the "almost unbelievable" results in some races already, I hope all category winners are being tested, and retested!

Did he really learn nothing from Brandon????

That's the thing - he had a partner who cocked up the whole TUE process with naivety & incompetence (if you belief Brandon's excuse)

He had another partner who got caught EPO'ing without any excuses.

At what point does the penny drop that you can't get away with the ignorance card anymore?

Geez I'm disappointed

. Okay, he applied sometime after September, if I am reading this right..Did he race after that?

Not sure. Not really gonna spend the time reaserching this...

I assume legally one cannot be punished for something that one does not have evidence for. Thus only from the positive test onwards.

If he did in fact race after the TUE was denied, he should have disqualified himself from the results straight after the race. But hoping he will slip through unchecked and have one last good result, is not right.

Ozone therapy 

From wiki:

Summarizing the substantial and growing body of study results showing deleterious health effects of breathing ozone, in 1976, and reiterated in 2006, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reflects the scientific consensus that ozone is a toxic gas which has, as yet, no demonstrated safe medical application in specific, adjunctive, or preventive therapy...

...There is some controversy about its use by athletes in an attempt to increase performance.[14]"

My post had no relevance to the Ozone therapy in particular......but thanks....

Edited by BarHugger