Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

the majority have been for the dopers and their supporters - to me it seems like its the minority who have actually stood up for anti doping

maybe we have different perspectives

Fand, I support you in what you did (except for the legal technicalities, and that is more as a result of not wanting someone in your position to get into *** while still doing the same thing again in future) and I really agree with Andrew. I don't get the soft on anti-doping feeling at all. Pitchforks, tar and feathers is far more prevalent - imho Edited by Thor Buttox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will protest with my cash, little as it is (tax month coming up)......

........and not buy from a shop run or owned by a convicted doper (this I have a handle on in my neck of the woods)! I will not buy brands from importers or distributors who sponsor or support dopers (will need help from Hubbers re. this). I will not ride races that welcome dopers back to ride and celebrate them on their podiums (feel free to add names, but I already scratched the Tour de France ;) ).

If that is all I can do, I'll do it! 

hear hear...with you. As little as my cash is, it will now be two of us. See what I am doing.

Fand, I support you in what you did (except for the legal technicalities, and that is more as a result of not wanting someone in your position to get into *** while still doing the same thing again in future) and I really agree with Andrew. I don't get the soft on anti-doping feeling at all. Pitchforks, tar and feathers is far more prevalent - imho

In agreement with this, I am... 

as much as most of the hubbers make noise about hating dopers, over the past 7 years, the actions have shown to be the opposite.

*EVERY SINGLE TIME* there is a local bust most of the hub rushes to the defence.

In all honesty, I dont think cyclists really want a clean sport - despite what they say

I dunno so much see Andrews post # 1576, maybe the majority just don't feel like its worth becoming famous for.... sure there will be fans who struggle to accept but that's natural considering they all locals.

What i was getting at, why just you?

Were you the only ones who got the heat from KE and if so why? The original statement (related to KE's drop in performance post DG bust) you made that initiated the lawyer letter does not imo justify the lawyer letter... was there something else going on behind the scenes or on other platforms that contributed to the reason to send lawyers letters?

Not that its important in the scheme of things anymore

I will protest with my cash, little as it is (tax month coming up)......

........and not buy from a shop run or owned by a convicted doper (this I have a handle on in my neck of the woods)! I will not buy brands from importers or distributors who sponsor or support dopers (will need help from Hubbers re. this). I will not ride races that welcome dopers back to ride and celebrate them on their podiums (feel free to add names, but I already scratched the Tour de France ;) ).

If that is all I can do, I'll do it! 

I too say, put your money where your mouth is. I have been supporting the Dr Evil race since its inception. I wont anymore and have said as much on the events thread.

The only time that I will go visit the shop in Plett is if I change careers and become a medical rep..... :ph34r:

Edited by Patchelicious

as much as most of the hubbers make noise about hating dopers, over the past 7 years, the actions have shown to be the opposite.

*EVERY SINGLE TIME* there is a local bust most of the hub rushes to the defence.

In all honesty, I dont think cyclists really want a clean sport - despite what they say

And every single time there is a local bust, there is a person who says told you so, berates the hub for not knowing what they knew, but doesn't share what it is that convinced them of what they believe to be the truth, nor why the "informed" should believe them.

You chose to conflate Evans' bust with an unrelated lawyers letter near the start of this thread. That muddied this. As others have pointed out, the majority of this thread has been outrage directed at Evans. You seemed to want others to share your outrage about the lawyer's letter and are annoyed that not everyone did. 

Repeating hearsay is not whistle-blowing and it didn't lead to Evans' ban. 

And every single time there is a local bust, there is a person who says told you so, berates the hub for not knowing what they knew, but doesn't share what it is that convinced them of what they believe to be the truth, nor why the "informed" should believe them.

You chose to conflate Evans' bust with an unrelated lawyers letter near the start of this thread. That muddied this. As others have pointed out, the majority of this thread has been outrage directed at Evans. You seemed to want others to share your outrage about the lawyer's letter and are annoyed that not everyone did. 

Repeating hearsay is not whistle-blowing and it didn't lead to Evans' ban. 

Tumbles, dude, its getting old now....

You seem to apologise and / or get a lot of posts wrong when you reply.

Perhaps unlike yourself I am actually man enough to make an apology...

Hey, at least he apologises. A lot of people could learn from that.

If some people here had to apologize for most of what they say without thinking the threads would never die.....

It was old 100 pages ago. Yet it carries on surfacing from different ends every time.

That's also what happens if you take a sly *** in a public pool :eek: no one wins