Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

Could it be that vets generally have better salaries than pro cyclists and can afford better doctors and juice to help them dope better?

Exactly this.

Who are Vets... 30 to 50 year olds who mostly can afford R100k bikes, most are competitive hence them racing.

Risk is also lower, as getting caught won't affect salary earning ability.

I would love it if they tested more Vets!

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, but, the most tested athlete on the planet never tested positive...

On local riders not doing well overseas, is it really a fair statement? The small local elite field or lack of pro teams is often lamented here and elsewhere. So it would follow that we would only have a small number who make it big overseas, no?

It kinda ignores the work put in by riders like Hunter, Meintjies, Impey, etc...and the successes they have enjoyed. 

Stander, Moolman, Minaar also done really well...

Absolutely...quite nauseating to say the least....on a side at Edgar...I went and had a look...Lanceenbal said he posted the pic on Kevin's time line....the only name I find is that Theo fella...sorry man I tried...

I think you got the wrong end of the stick.

LB was saying that KE posted the pic on KE's IG account,  DL responded and that is how the fiaaahhht started boet. 

Don't go there....I was lambasted for saying the same yesterday....

:)

Why not.

By that logic, I am going to dope! I will take EPO until Gauteng Champs. Then if anybody beats me, they must be doping too!

Guest Lancesball

Exactly this.

Who are Vets... 30 to 50 year olds who mostly can afford R100k bikes, most are competitive hence them racing.

Risk is also lower, as getting caught won't affect salary earning ability.

I would love it if they tested more Vets!

I would like to play devils advocate here and say that the talent in youngsters at the moment in SA bar a few is pretty low and that is allowing Strong Vets mainly 30-39 show faces in races. Especially in Marathon type events where age and experience actually does play a role.

ah man, its 2016 - no prizes for puritanical zealots.. anyone over 30 doing any kind of training will enjoy benefit from some HGH or other decent peptide - no side effects, unlike AAS. Do some research, ask your doctor, get a prescription if the nanny-state mentality scares you. One life, live it, like the landy lads say..  

Guest Lancesball

Absolutely...quite nauseating to say the least....on a side at Edgar...I went and had a look...Lanceenbal said he posted the pic on Kevin's time line....the only name I find is that Theo fella...sorry man I tried...

I never said any such thing. Please re-read my original post.

Thanks

I would like to play devils advocate here and say that the talent in youngsters at the moment in SA bar a few is pretty low and that is allowing Strong Vets mainly 30-39 show faces in races. Especially in Marathon type events where age and experience actually does play a role.

I was saying that it's easier for Vets to dope, not that they are.

Our development of the sport programmes are nowhere near that of international levels.

Thus we will have less local riders capable of making it on the international cirquit.

Plain and simple.

If talent ID took place properly, by qualified coaches/ sport scientists, and development followed, any talented rider can achieve good results on the internationa scene.

I never said any such thing. Please re-read my original post.

Thanks

Ah...my apologies...I just went back on your post and it read "It was posted" I read "I posted".....thanks for sharing in any case....rather disgusting the way they treated Lill....

The short version of this is that Kevin has been sanctioned for abnormalities March 2014 until 2015 Epic. 

His operation and blood transfusion / ozone therapy is 2012 /13. 

They are not related. No abnormalities last that long with any type of PED or treatment.

Simple. 

attachicon.gif200_s.gif

you got the timeline wrong i think. Ozone therapy he's claiming was sep 2013, he's banned from march 2014(Epic). So it's six months apart - whether that is related is hard for joe public to know.

ah man, its 2016 - no prizes for puritanical zealots.. anyone over 30 doing any kind of training will enjoy benefit from some HGH or other decent peptide - no side effects, unlike AAS. Do some research, ask your doctor, get a prescription if the nanny-state mentality scares you. One life, live it, like the landy lads say..  

YOLO

Guest Lancesball

Could it be that vets generally have better salaries than pro cyclists and can afford better doctors and juice to help them dope better?

If guys in general are being caught with EPO, testosterone and ABP then no Vet will get it better than the clan of guys who have been caught as of late. They seem to know their way around this stuff better than any Vet and his Dr.

No, I dont believe that.

Edited by Lancesball

I think you got the wrong end of the stick.

LB was saying that KE posted the pic on KE's IG account,  DL responded and that is how the fiaaahhht started boet. 

Yip...got it now....