Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

i know there are no bleeding hearts here call me a soft rooster, but imagine the feeling you HAVE finished your pro career carrying on with life and you wake up thinking just another day.....AND THEN :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

i know cause and effect, crystal clear on that. Still something must have been in the back of his head saying, JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT,,,,THEY PULLED ME BACK IN :devil:  :devil:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know there are no bleeding hearts here call me a soft rooster, but imagine the feeling you HAVE finished your pro career carrying on with life and you wake up thinking just another day.....AND THEN :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

i know cause and effect, crystal clear on that. Still something must have been in the back of his head saying, JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT,,,,THEY PULLED ME BACK IN :devil:  :devil:

As they say Big D......THE WHEEL TURNS

The thread title's a bit clumsy...any suggestions for a working title for the script?   

The son of Doctor Evil

Could be read a few ways...  :ph34r:

Should have quit while he was ahead...

So I've just watched pvr'd Supercycling to see what the ex-doper and crew would have to say. Was a fairly strained moment to say the least. When they are discussing doping/dopers/dopes the air is so thick of whatall is being unsaid it's hard to see the presenters.

Occurred to me today that the Epic's level of difficulty is probably calibrated against the front runners - so those poor fkrs having to come in in about 2x the winning time of the super-charged to make cut-off should probably be given more respect than they are.

If KE has been doping and couldn't reliably win, well, that says it all.

I was going to comment about the Supercycling show where KE was discussed, but doping, handbag fights and the like just doesn't interest me. That said, there has been some enlightening posts [emoji1303]

The standout point for me was the lack of a suggestion that a life-ban should be given like many overseas guys should get when caught.

It seems that whenever a Saffa is caught that they feel sorry for the guy and feel that "it can't be".

This announcement wasn't a "suspension pending an investigation" but rather the conclusion of a case, with the guilty party not contesting the verdict.

Odds on bet this thread will make the top 10 list at the end of the year.

I always wonder how dopers sleep at night, knowing that tomorrow just might be the day I get caught. On that note, I also wonder how Zuma sleeps at night.....

I was going to comment about the Supercycling show where KE was discussed, but doping, handbag fights and the like just doesn't interest me. That said, there has been some enlightening posts [emoji1303]

The standout point for me was the lack of a suggestion that a life-ban should be given like many overseas guys should get when caught.

It seems that whenever a Saffa is caught that they feel sorry for the guy and feel that "it can't be".

This announcement wasn't a "suspension pending an investigation" but rather the conclusion of a case, with the guilty party not contesting the verdict.

Odds on bet this thread will make the top 10 list at the end of the year.

I'm all up for life bans from the sport... or even just longer ones. Jail time would be first prize... a little more of a deterrent I reckon!

Also been some other interesting idea's on tackling this purge - I think the media (something of interest to me) and the big races would do well to expel all dopers from any coverage or competitive participation heading forward. No coverage, no sponsors, no coming back. The sports at last chance saloon, why not put the riders under the same pressure.

How about a song? "Good Kevin Evans..."

To the tune of "Good King Whenceslas" (sp)

Breaking news, Meerendal is changing their well known trail to 'Stairway to Kevin'. All switchbacks are optional. Song by the same name, due out soon... And you're cliiiiimbing a staaaaaway... To Kevin.

The "Good" Book.............

im sure us hubbers can help write that book :ph34r: ,,,at a nominal fee of course :whistling:

at the end of the day, its not like we dont know more than "not a dr at any medical level" we hubbers know everything :devil:

What some people (including myself) need to understand that there are a few select who really do know what is going on with certain topics and should be shown respect to a degree. However, there is no chance of that cause everyone here is a expert and knows everything according to them. (this comment will get slammed in about 1 replies time)

The problem with this is that you do not know who "really does know what is going on" and to make assumptions is the mother of all F%$# ups. As you clearly made with your post this morning. Not slamming you, just making you aware.