Two cyclists killed in KZN

Vetseun

Hope they aren't trying to "fish" for other cyclists who are keen on the R10k to bat for his team and quite literally throw the two other riders under the bus - just for money. Hope the rider stick together.

Well they are clearly using the R10k to fish for a witnesses, anyone who can testify would be adequate not necessarily a fellow cyclist, it may also be a ruse they are using so they can dredge up a "witness" they have already coached, with the pretence being the witness saw the reward being advertised and saw fit to step up.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a witness comes forward now after a "reward" is offered, who seemingly has evidence that gets this guy off, surely no one would believe him/her?

Please tell me you can't just rent-a-witness for 10 grand?

• 1 year later...

3 things i have learnt... carry a rock in your vehicle... make sure you dont get tested for drinking and driving in the first 2 hours of an accident and make sure you have good lawyer. 

just something to add to this fiasco... there were 2 vehicles racing with each other...at the time of the accident the other vehicle stopped and the people from this person and the other  vehicle were actually fighting with each other... could it be that they were throwing rocks at each other....this could explain why some on the occupants from the vehicle ran away from the scene of the accident... i wonder if all these passengers from both vehicles were questioned? 

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2019-09-06-judge-slams-botched-investigation-into-deaths-of-two-cyclists-hit-by-car/?fbclid=IwAR2r2Oqn8Jb2GFBdfynGk1IlAKpTebxehtwuQn8gyvvkgHlUfRZeu2kWNEg

• 1 month later...

A free man...from a poor plumber who apparently couldnt afford his bail because he was supporting his parents ...to a cleared businessman who apparently payed his lawyer and court fees upfront...eeeeish ...that is all i can say...stop the lies ...wearing a cross on your hand does make it right.

maybe someone should get the truth out of all the people involved in this accident...from both vehicles involved ...the ones who ran away from the crime scene and the ones who drove away after fighting over Jareds body as he lay face down still alive.

One thing that will stick with me for the rest of my life...while sitting with Jared i said to him "everything is going to be OK" at that point the medic looked up at me and shook his head...maybe a towel and a lot of water would help discover the truth.

IF Jared didnt go for a piss that morning ...this accident would have killed more of us.

I wonder if he remembers going down on one knee... with one hand on the middle of Jareds back and the other on his shoulder...wearing his purple golf shirt...blue jeans...black takkies with white around the shoe...his mate standing next to him with the same shoes but green laces...the look on his face actually looked like he was remorseful of what he had done...he didnt have the cross on his hand that morning.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2019-10-11-durban-businessman-cleared-after-deaths-of-two-cyclists/?fbclid=IwAR2DbQwS85C28LqjkEH4v5-CsMkRgFCpqQ7433AYR6NCr4keWPXLl9EqEck

Edited by eccc whippet

It sucks. But he didn't get away with anything if you ask me. He has to live with the knowledge that his actions killed two people and destroyed their families. This will eat away at him everytime he sees a cyclist, puts his kid on a bike, has a drink at a jol, drives past the scene etc etc

Edited by morneS555

It sucks. But he didn't get away with anything if you ask me. He has to live with the knowledge that his actions killed two people and destroyed their families. This will eat away at him everytime he sees a cyclist, puts his kid on a bike, has a drink at a jol, drives past the scene etc etc

You are of course assuming that he has a conscience. Many people will see it simply as good luck and having dodged a bullet.

You are of course assuming that he has a conscience. Many people will see it simply as good luck and having dodged a bullet.

Yea I guess so.

I do however also think MOST people naturally have a instinctual self preservation mode that kicks in when the odds are against them. It’s human.

Sure he can also be a sociopath and really just not care too.

I guess the only way to know is if we can ask ourselves what we would have said and done in a similar situation to keep out of prison? Its a tough question.

The unfortunate truth is I think most would fight the system vigorously instead of admitting guilt if there were the slightest of lifelines ( in this case crappy police work...again)

Anyway. I’m with everyone here that the outcome sets another bad example of how the system can be played in this country by those willing and able to do so. It sucks and it is even worse for the friends and families and the closure they needed.

Sickening. I don't know how I would feel if it was my family member who passed. Would I need this conviction for closure. Would his freedom eat away at me or is the fact that it doesn't bring the loved one back make his lack of conviction irrelevant either way?

If I'm ever around when an accident like that happens to someone I know, I'll take my own ******* blood sample.

I’ll hold the bucket!!

"Earlier during arguments, Judge Pillay had decried the police investigation into a crash as being so badly handled it was "mind boggling".
"There was no expert accident reconstruction evidence … and his blood alcohol level was not tested in the required time. It was handled with complete incompetence," the judge said."

The above is what the judge had to say about the way that this case was handled by the police and the prosecution. :thumbdown:  :cursing:

Fire the police officers involved. :cursing:

Protocol is spelled out; deviate from that you ought to lose your job.

This is the reason why there’s less than 20% conviction rate in SA and getting worse.

Nothing will happen and they’ll probably be promoted soon.

"Earlier during arguments, Judge Pillay had decried the police investigation into a crash as being so badly handled it was "mind boggling".

"There was no expert accident reconstruction evidence … and his blood alcohol level was not tested in the required time. It was handled with complete incompetence," the judge said."

The above is what the judge had to say about the way that this case was handled by the police and the prosecution. :thumbdown: :cursing:

I believe in Karma and that he’ll get hit by a tragedy far worse than this.