Interview: Manuel Fumic

Nick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If any one need CFR Cannondale baggys give us a shout. and we will be bringing the big sizes in again.

What sizes do you currently have? and price?

Lekker Corne, wanneer het julle? En gee jy afslag vir local fatboys?

one of the most humble, chilled and coolest high performers in the cycling universe

Oh and he also rolls 'Dale

I trust you will there on the fun ride from Camps Baai with him to represent, Dale

Caw5V9MXIAAop_N.jpg

I reckon he did quite well last year XCO-wise, often a contender and certain one of the best of the rest after El Nino  and Juju. And always come across as a good sportsman and nice bloke on the web casts.

If any one need CFR Cannondale baggys give us a shout. and we will be bringing the big sizes in again.

Come now...answer the questions Sir. I'm also looking for some of these.

When ?

Come now...answer the questions Sir. I'm also looking for some of these.

They're R1500 a pair. No inner, just the shorts.

yeah uhm...pass, i think the spez baggies is even cheaper than this.  :ph34r:

Without an inner, they just a pair of normal shorts ne'? Like a pair of cycling shorts without a pad, or a Western Province supporter with all their teeth, not quite there.

I suggested to a guy that he goes to a skills class to get his switchback technique right. He was not impressed. No matter that he walked literally every single switchback, he wasn't open to the idea of someone showing him how to ride his bike.

This attitude is half of our problem as a riding culture in SA. The manne get fit, but they don't think of improving skills.

I suggested to a guy that he goes to a skills class to get his switchback technique right. He was not impressed. No matter that he walked literally every single switchback, he wasn't open to the idea of someone showing him how to ride his bike.

This attitude is half of our problem as a riding culture in SA. The manne get fit, but they don't think of improving skills.

Precisely

When you pay 120k for your S-werks nobody is telling you how to ride them S-werks. Put on full Spez kit and you are the best downhiller\XC'er\Enduro\Marathon\Stage racer in the world.  :whistling:

#skillstokillwithsworks

When you pay 120k for your S-werks nobody is telling you how to ride them S-werks. Put on full Spez kit and you are the best downhiller\XC'er\Enduro\Marathon\Stage racer in the world. :whistling:

#skillstokillwithsworks

Funny thing is, he was riding a spez Epic. But not the sworks model.

That being said, there were plenty of other riders not on spez who were also struggling. On all wheel sizes to boot.

And it's not only in cycling ... you find this in every day life round these parts. No-one can be told much these days.

I sat in on the interview in person. His sentiment was plainly that people should wear what they feel comfortable in and not just go with the generally held expectation that bicycle = tight, generally unflattering lycra.

I'd suggest joining in on the Cannondale ride with him to form your own opinion, but he's one of the most personable and likeable pros I've met.

Matt, will I see you at the Manuel Fumic coffee ride Friday dude?

Great interview and I liked the guys "un-complictedness", especially advocating to youngsters to be kids, have fun and get into it when the time is right.

I am with lerouc on the lycra vs baggies.....cannot find stuff that will fit. Is the Indola baggies any good?