Pure Savage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be keen for this! (Now that I know I find my legs at 160-170km only)  ^_^

You should do a 40-50km loop before all races start :P

Twenty four years ago, the Pedal Power Association organised the “Double Century” over 200 km for the first time. That year, 229 finishers were listed. Over the years, the venue and route changed from time to time, but the concept of a 12-man team time trial over roughly 200 km remained.

Click here to view the article

Should be an interesting route. 

The Clarens-Bethlehem-Fouriesburg loop is 120 km, so I would guess they added a 30km out and back portion towards Golden Gate? Not that clear from the profile.

There used to be a relay race in that area - started and finished at Bethlehem, via Kestel, Golden Gate, and Clarens. But that was about 160km.

The pictures show Lichen's pass... that section to the Glen Reenen campsite hurts.

Watch out CSA , ppa is getting ready to take over your world.......moooohahhaaa

Moohahah

ja , they have the cape all tied up - no road events between 6 March and sometime in Sept that sif they can revive the worcester fun ride - now to conquer the hotbed of SA Cycling the Free State.