PPA launches exciting new 180 km team challenge in Free State

Pure Savage

ja , they have the cape all tied up - no road events between 6 March and sometime in Sept that sif they can revive the worcester fun ride - now to conquer the hotbed of SA Cycling the Free State.

Cos in va Vry Staat, Karkie go wif averyfing

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ja , they have the cape all tied up - no road events between 6 March and sometime in Sept that sif they can revive the worcester fun ride - now to conquer the hotbed of SA Cycling the Free State.

There are already few to no road events in Bloem between the Argus and October, and barely any before either, so the PPA can't do much worse.

Should be an interesting route. 

The Clarens-Bethlehem-Fouriesburg loop is 120 km, so I would guess they added a 30km out and back portion towards Golden Gate? Not that clear from the profile.

Think the route will be Clarens - Fouriesburg - Bethlehem - Kestel - Phuthaditjhaba - Golden Gate - Clarens

Mmm see that... route would be interesting then. Although I would have loved that route.

Agreed!

Closest I've managed to get to the mentioned 180km is: Clarens, Bethlehem, Kestel, Golden Gate, OVER Surrender Hill and then back to Clarens.

Guess we will find out for sure in a few days.

There is  22 road events happening during the winter orginised by WP Cycling and there will be 5 more in Boland, so that is 27 proper events, where the entry fees are again reasonable and affordable, so the quote that PPA (which is nothing more than a club) has the Cape sown up is totally far fetched

I think you missed the italic comic sans font in that post

• 2 weeks later...

So who's planning to ride this event? Looks lekker!! 

I would like to.

I wont be able to scrape a team together, but maybe one or 2 more if others are looking to fill a team, let me know.