Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

My quistion:

When using Zwift...connect wahoo kickr and wahoo hr strap to laptop via bluetooth? So doing it this way you will get your power / cadence / hr readings on screen?

But....

To get the data on garmin edge 820 the kickr will be added as power / cadence sensor via ant+ and hr strap will connect via bluetooth.

Will there be any interferance on accurate readings on zwift screen or edge 820 due to multiple connections?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My quistion:

When using Zwift...connect wahoo kickr and wahoo hr strap to laptop via bluetooth? So doing it this way you will get your power / cadence / hr readings on screen?

But....

To get the data on garmin edge 820 the kickr will be added as power / cadence sensor via ant+ and hr strap will connect via bluetooth.

Will there be any interferance on accurate readings on zwift screen or edge 820 due to multiple connections?

I once asked this question before I purchased my Kickr.

I was basically asked why I wanted to use my Garmin at the same time as running Zwift as it was not necessary.

I went out an purchased an ANT+ dongle as this didn't limit my connections (Bluetooth is limited and I believe you need a Bluetooth Bridge to add additional devices).

My setup:

Laptop/PC: running Zwift + USB Extension Cable + ANT+ Dongle

Bike setup: Garmin Cadence Sensor, Garmin HR Strap, Kickr

All works perfectly- just make sure that you turn off the power delay in Zwift Settings

I once asked this question before I purchased my Kickr.

I was basically asked why I wanted to use my Garmin at the same time as running Zwift as it was not necessary.

I went out an purchased an ANT+ dongle as this didn't limit my connections (Bluetooth is limited and I believe you need a Bluetooth Bridge to add additional devices).

My setup:

Laptop/PC: running Zwift + USB Extension Cable + ANT+ Dongle

Bike setup: Garmin Cadence Sensor, Garmin HR Strap, Kickr

All works perfectly- just make sure that you turn off the power delay in Zwift Settings

Many thanks! Didn’t know Bluetooth limit you with the number of connections and ant+ not?

Many thanks! Didn’t know Bluetooth limit you with the number of connections and ant+ not?

It depends on your BTLE version, and somewhat on the device.

BTLE 4.1 can connect with 7 devices at once.

Ant+ (USB2 or newer) can connect with 8 devices at once.

No probs - I think it would be easiest to get an ANT+ dongle and a USB extension.

Open Zwift, connect the USB to the PC, turn on the trainer, put on HR Strap, turn the pedals and everything is connected no need to pair or anything.

Mine literately sits under my crank and I have zero dropouts.

I got mine from these guys

Edited by Loudpedal

No probs - I think it would be easiest to get an ANT+ dongle and a USB extension.

Open Zwift, connect the USB to the PC, turn on the trainer, put on HR Strap, turn the pedals and everything is connected no need to pair or anything.

Mine literately sits under my crank and I have zero dropouts.

I got mine from these guys

So I’m correct in saying there will be no interferance with bluetooth and ant+?

I remember that a I tried zwift once and went uphill, on screen the watts dropped but I almost kots when I pedalled harder to get the cadence and power up on screen

I found that when the ANT+ device wasn't right near the bike, I had dropouts.

Since using the USB extension and placing it under the bike, I’ve had zero drop outs.

I also cabled in my PC to my router as I found this helped with in game lag. It didn’t work so well over Wi-Fi but that’s my experience ????

So I’m correct in saying there will be no interferance with bluetooth and ant+?

I remember that a I tried zwift once and went uphill, on screen the watts dropped but I almost kots when I pedalled harder to get the cadence and power up on screen

Yes. No direct interference between BT and Ant+

I know Zwift doesn't but do any of te other platforms run on linux? Have an old iMac looking to re purpose as a permanent pain cave setup instead of the laptop tv combo.

I know Zwift doesn't but do any of te other platforms run on linux? Have an old iMac looking to re purpose as a permanent pain cave setup instead of the laptop tv combo.

No idea about other platforms- I landed up purchasing a dedicated Intel NUC for my pain cave. Was really worth the R2500 imo.

I purchased mine from this guy on Carbonite and it's been brilliant

I wonder if Zwift will work through wime?

Running Zwift on a fairly new MB Pro and it chomps a fully charged battery in 1hr, so seems to be pretty resource-hungry

I need a replacement belt for my Kickr 1. I phoned Wahoo this morning and apparently no stock of this with a ridiculously long waiting time as it is getting ordered from overseas i.e. 2-3 weeks.

Any chance of other stock of this item?

This extremely frustrating. No training for weeks it seems with a product that is supposedly up there when it comes to after sales service. I had only good service thus far from Wahoo but this is really not great.

Based in Cape Town.

Running Zwift on a fairly new MB Pro and it chomps a fully charged battery in 1hr, so seems to be pretty resource-hungry

oh ya. its eats my new MB Pro battery in an Hour. very resource hungry