Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

Morning Kickr Owners - I have a Kickr Core arriving next week - can anyone give an indication of how long the power cord is included with the unit? Trying to gauge if I will need a extra extension cable to connect to the nearest plug point... 

No matter what extension you buy, always buy 2.

You can never have enough extension. The plug is always that little bit to far away. Always.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is a piece of powercord?

It's about the same length as a laptop powersupply with cable

The power supply takes a "kettle plug" at the one end.  Think this lead is about 1,5m.  I added an extension to this section, from old computer cables.

After the power supply you have another 1,5m worth of thin cable.

Ironically, my bigger problem was to place everything just right so the Ant+ sensor cable could get the sensor as close to the bottom bracket ....

The power supply takes a "kettle plug" at the one end.  Think this lead is about 1,5m.  I added an extension to this section, from old computer cables.

After the power supply you have another 1,5m worth of thin cable.

Ironically, my bigger problem was to place everything just right so the Ant+ sensor cable could get the sensor as close to the bottom bracket ....

My ANT+ dongle is about 1m from my bike and it works perfectly without any drops.

I've had it at about 1.5-2m from my bike previously without issues.

Worst case, get yourself a USB extension cable  :ph34r:

Edited by Muttley

My ANT+ dongle is about 1m from my bike and it works perfectly without any drops.

I've had it at about 1.5-2m from my bike previously without issues.

Worst case, get yourself a USB extension cable  :ph34r:

Thanks.

You know it goes ... you buy the toys, watch every single YouTube video .... and then go overboard .... :whistling:

In a couple of the videos it was suggested that you get less "signal issues" the closer the Ant+ is to the BB .

Good to know it is not as much of an issue as some of the videos suggested.  Still may be worth checking for those that do have signal issues ....

Thanks.

You know it goes ... you buy the toys, watch every single YouTube video .... and then go overboard .... :whistling:

In a couple of the videos it was suggested that you get less "signal issues" the closer the Ant+ is to the BB .

Good to know it is not as much of an issue as some of the videos suggested.  Still may be worth checking for those that do have signal issues ....

My Ant+ is plugged into my laptop in front of the handlebars on a music stand.  I have had it like that for the last 4-5 years without signal issues.  Have never needed to get an extension cable.  First trainer was a Cycleops Powersync, then Cycleops Magnus, now a Kickr Core.  All 3 worked no issues, running Cycleops Trainer (now Rouvy), RGT, Perfpro Studio, Trainerroad and now Golden Cheetah.  Never been a fan of Zwift as prefer to spend my time on structured workouts and plans.... and never had an issue with Ant+

Edited by shaper

My laptop with the Ant+ dongle sits next to the TV in front of my bike, at least 2m away, and I've never had issues like that(Bit more than a year now). The Kickr 4's cable also runs from the TV plugpoint under the mat, and reaches the trainer easily. I doubt the Kickr Core will come with a different cable than the 4.

yeah. got to do spindowns more often

Do spindowns after training at working temperature 

I need help - specifically my old campy freehub doesn’t seem to fit on my new kicker core - the pawls don’t engage - cwc sent me a campy freehub but it turned out to a Shimano one in a campy box - if anyone is running campy 11 speed on a kickr core please help - and remember that I’m technically challenged when it comes to unpacking and installing anything - I do have a Shimano 11 speed cassette which worked with campy gruppo but it wasn’t perfect and I worry with the torque on an idt that it will make noises that could drive me nuts

I should add please and thanks

Edited by Waynemol

I need help - specifically my old campy freehub doesn’t seem to fit on my new kicker core - the pawls don’t engage - cwc sent me a campy freehub but it turned out to a Shimano one in a campy box - if anyone is running campy 11 speed on a kickr core please help - and remember that I’m technically challenged when it comes to unpacking and installing anything - I do have a Shimano 11 speed cassette which worked with campy gruppo but it wasn’t perfect and I worry with the torque on an idt that it will make noises that could drive me nuts

Hi Wayne, sorry cant help with your initial question, but shimano/sram/campy 11spd should all work relatively well across board. Check your limit screws on your rear derailleur, think that might be where your problem starts.

The Campy freehub from Wahoo is not a silver bullet, it only works on the higher end Campy cassettes like RECORD & CHORUS which have certain gears riveted together an engage on the freehub with 4 lugs engaging, as soon as you get the lower end cassettes (all gears are separate with 8 lugs) then these won't fit'

Wahoo tried to do the impossible by designing a freehub hybrid that would take Shitmano & Campy Cassette - If they had done their homework they would have found out that many have tried this and failed.

I don't know why they don't just offer a proper Campy freehub - But then again Wahoo tend to sell stuff that is mostly problematic and get away with it with their customers 

I run 9 spd Campy on my trainer - So i took a 9 spd Shitmano cassette and removed the rivets to seperate the gears - replaced the spacers with some 9 spd Campy spacers and it works fine.

What you can also try is a SRAM 12 spd MTB chain on an 11 spd Shitmano cassette - I'm told it runs a lot quieter.

The Campy freehub from Wahoo is not a silver bullet, it only works on the higher end Campy cassettes like RECORD & CHORUS which have certain gears riveted together an engage on the freehub with 4 lugs engaging, as soon as you get the lower end cassettes (all gears are separate with 8 lugs) then these won't fit'

Wahoo tried to do the impossible by designing a freehub hybrid that would take Shitmano & Campy Cassette - If they had done their homework they would have found out that many have tried this and failed.

I don't know why they don't just offer a proper Campy freehub - But then again Wahoo tend to sell stuff that is mostly problematic and get away with it with their customers 

I run 9 spd Campy on my trainer - So i took a 9 spd Shitmano cassette and removed the rivets to seperate the gears - replaced the spacers with some 9 spd Campy spacers and it works fine.

What you can also try is a SRAM 12 spd MTB chain on an 11 spd Shitmano cassette - I'm told it runs a lot quieter.

Thanks - it seems Wahoo no longer make the hybrid hub - my cassette is record.  I just don't understand why a campy freehub doesn't work - why is it different to the one on my wheel? Let me try the shimano ultegra cassette I have as suggested and I do have a sram chain handy.

I'm so comfortable playing with my 1x sram stuff but I never fiddle with my campy stuff so this could get messy

Thanks - it seems Wahoo no longer make the hybrid hub - my cassette is record.  I just don't understand why a campy freehub doesn't work - why is it different to the one on my wheel? Let me try the shimano ultegra cassette I have as suggested and I do have a sram chain handy.

I'm so comfortable playing with my 1x sram stuff but I never fiddle with my campy stuff so this could get messy

I have Campy Record 10 speed and ordered the Campy hub which i thought would fix my problems with hte Kickr (Gan 3) Lo and Behold it doesn't fit 10 speed. I eventually just used the Vampy on the bike with the Shimano cluster (10 speed). It works. Shifting is a bit rough and ready but not unacceptable. I can assure you unless you are anal retentive about shift smoothness and can live with an occasional clunk its okay. Campy 10 speed group and chain running on Shimano 10 speed dura ace cassette - works fine.

I have Campy Record 10 speed and ordered the Campy hub which i thought would fix my problems with hte Kickr (Gan 3) Lo and Behold it doesn't fit 10 speed. I eventually just used the Vampy on the bike with the Shimano cluster (10 speed). It works. Shifting is a bit rough and ready but not unacceptable. I can assure you unless you are anal retentive about shift smoothness and can live with an occasional clunk its okay. Campy 10 speed group and chain running on Shimano 10 speed dura ace cassette - works fine.

so mine is 11 speed and I am anally retentive about shift smoothness :thumbup:  - that's why I use Campagnolo

Plus I spent money on a spare Campy cassette for the trainer 

Here are some pictures

On the Wahoo freehub these gears will fit as they only need to engage on 4 pawls

post-2304-0-37860700-1589963081_thumb.jpg

these gears won't fit as they need to engage on 8 pawls

post-2304-0-83405300-1589963155_thumb.jpg