Dopers suck

fandacious

1 hour ago, MTBeer said:

would be refreshing if one of these cheats admits guilt straight away when caught.

you mean, actually be honest and accountable? not sure a cheater has ever done such a thing in all the time since we crawled out the ocean, but we live in hope...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

you mean, actually be honest and accountable? not sure a cheater has ever done such a thing in all the time since we crawled out the ocean, but we live in hope...

There have been a few.... conveniently after the statute of limitations of course

4 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

1 minute ago, HdB said:

There have been a few.... conveniently after the statute of limitations of course

A few before that as well - David George comes to mind and I recall a SA track cyclist whos name I forgot that dabbled a bit on the hub as well.

11 hours ago, Eldron said:

A prescription only drug to inhibit estrogen production. Daaamn Toon - that is gonna be a tough one to deny....

A while ago there was a fuss about doping in SA schools - one of the meds was also a prescription-only cancer-related drug, my mom was taking it a few years earlier. THe kids were using it to counteract the side-effects of one of the many other things they were doping with.

Edited by HdB

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

The old 'smoke/fire' coupled with history.

The thing is, how does on 'clear their name' sufficiently?

What sort of evidence can one really call on to say 'it was this and not me cheating'?

How expensive is it to run a tox test against your passport? Surely the teams of the top contenders are doing this regularly? 

If you are trying to be clean as a team, surely you test your athletes yourself?

If you are doping, surely you also test yourself to see if you are catchable? Especially around world champs.....

Why bother with clearing name? All the other dopers still racing and managing seem to be doing ok including Betsema. 

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

Like Floyd and Tyler? 

22 minutes ago, jcza said:

Why bother with clearing name? All the other dopers still racing and managing seem to be doing ok including Betsema. 

hahaha exactly. See you in 2 years (rubs stinging wrist)

He is banging on about how he will do everything to clear his name. I'm just curious to what he thinks he can do

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

hahaha exactly. See you in 2 years (rubs stinging wrist)

He is banging on about how he will do everything to clear his name. I'm just curious to what he thinks he can do

2 years.....LOL. Betsema tested positive twice and got 6 months backdated. 

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

A few before that as well - David George comes to mind and I recall a SA track cyclist whos name I forgot that dabbled a bit on the hub as well.

Shawn Lynch aka Chunky

Imagine other careers were like cycling.... 

I get caught defrauding my company - no worries they say - depending on how much you stole you can't work for us for 6 months to 2 years then we'll have a chat to one our mates and get you a job over there....or take a slightly longer vacation and come back as our Director of Sport/Head of Accounting.

It's laughable.

33 minutes ago, Eldron said:

I get caught defrauding my company - no worries they say - depending on how much you stole you can't work for us for 6 months to 2 years then we'll have a chat to one our mates and get you a job over there....or take a slightly longer vacation and come back as our Director of Sport/Head of Accounting.

It's laughable.

Or like the ANC government. Help yourself and become a minister or even better President!! 

37 minutes ago, Eldron said:

It's laughable.

Sadly you HAVE just described a very real portion of people working in the SA management and financial PRIVATE sector (dont even look to our fearless leaders in parliament), and many "developers" .... statement based on news reports of the 2022, as well the very much ongoing history of the Masterbond saga ...

Edited by ChrisF

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Shawn Lynch aka Chunky

His inputs on the old Hub were fascinating.

There was another one, not sure if he was on the hub but he won the Benoni World Champs a number of times, i always called him Obi wan kenobi because Obi was short for his Afrikaans surname...  

1 minute ago, SwissVan said:

His inputs on the old Hub were fascinating.

There was another one, not sure if he was on the hub but he won the Benoni World Champs a number of times, i always called him Obi wan kenobi because Obi was short for his Afrikaans surname...  

Anton!