Dopers suck

fandacious

25 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Well then that’s a bold statement to make by naming an actual brand/product without the offering of any proof. There are also no hearing docs on any of the four case that I could see, so if contamination was a concern, why not exercise the right to a hearing. 
There is no way there is 3-4 steroid contaminations in a single supplement. The one case say RAD140, which is in lifestyle supplements. 

Sorry, but your posts are wildly open ended whilst throwing a brand under the bus. It’s almost as bad as CSA and Gauteng Cycling keeping quiet and just quietly editing documents over team announcements.

We have to find out from Instagram and BikeHub.

At least we got the notifications to an online SAIDS course from Gauteng Cycling, but not enough has been done to motivate riders to attend. Riders generally don’t think that they could be doping accidentally. Once we understand the risks, more will be aware of what they put in their bodies.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to hear mark wolf from 32gi remarks to that claim.... 

I would love to hear from csa if they ever did a case study with the supply chain of steroids and peptides since its so easy to get online.... 

Anabolics-sa.co.za 

And research peptides....

14 hours ago, Red Bird said:

At least we got the notifications to an online SAIDS course from Gauteng Cycling, but not enough has been done to motivate riders to attend. Riders generally don’t think that they could be doping accidentally. Once we understand the risks, more will be aware of what they put in their bodies.

Totally irrelevant. Have not seen any such notice. 
And what is your connection here? 

On 7/29/2023 at 8:43 AM, Red Bird said:

Not sure. I find it hard to believe all those substances came from the shake too. But, these powders rarely get tested, and not all substances are listed on the label, so, even well-known brands end up with these banned substances.

No manufacturer is putting GW1516 into their shakes. 

On 7/29/2023 at 7:08 PM, Red Bird said:

That SAIDS course is worthwhile as is the WADA course. In these courses they certainly preach the food route rather than supplements specifically because no one can guarantee that a prohibited substance did not get into your supplement. Always keep a sample of the supplement with its batch number if you’re using a lot of supplements. 
however the kind of meds those blokes got pinged for I’m pretty sure did not originate from a contaminated supplement.

Edited by DieselnDust

Ag2r Citroën's Alex Baudin tested positive for Tramadol at the 2023 Giro d'Italia, which is against UCI Medical Rules, and has had his results from the race expunged. As it's a first offence, he will not receive a ban or suspension.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:51 PM, Toasted marshmallows said:

Cheap Cheap.... compared to some shakes

Screenshot_20230730_134840_Chrome.jpg

i had no idea it could be that easy to get hold of substances like this.

a little google foo - you'd have to be mentally challenged to take this this stuff

A major concern surrounding Cardarine is the potential side effects associated with its use.

In the early days of its discovery, research determined that Cardarine could cause cancer to rapidly develop in mice and rats if taken in doses of 1.4 mg per pound (3 mg per kilogram) of body weight per day (15).

At this point, large pharmaceutical companies, which had previously funded the research, discontinued further studies on the drug.

27 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Ag2r Citroën's Alex Baudin tested positive for Tramadol at the 2023 Giro d'Italia, which is against UCI Medical Rules, and has had his results from the race expunged. As it's a first offence, he will not receive a ban or suspension.

Tramadol is a pretty specific medication. I mean, it's a last resort pain killer/opiate. You don't get that by accident and I'm pretty sure any team doctor knows not to keep it, never mind administer it. 

22 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Tramadol is a pretty specific medication. I mean, it's a last resort pain killer/opiate. You don't get that by accident and I'm pretty sure any team doctor knows not to keep it, never mind administer it. 

I've read some stories where riders/runners/athletes take things in secret, not spilling the beans to anyone

That being said, if AG2R had their own in-house drug testing (I think JV does), this would have been detected and he wouldn't have made the team to begin with.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

WADA is only banning tramadol from 2024, it is already banned in cycling, but in other sports you are good to go till next year with it. As much as that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Furbz said:

i had no idea it could be that easy to get hold of substances like this.

a little google foo - you'd have to be mentally challenged to take this this stuff

A major concern surrounding Cardarine is the potential side effects associated with its use.

In the early days of its discovery, research determined that Cardarine could cause cancer to rapidly develop in mice and rats if taken in doses of 1.4 mg per pound (3 mg per kilogram) of body weight per day (15).

At this point, large pharmaceutical companies, which had previously funded the research, discontinued further studies on the drug.

The stuff that Fluckiger tested positive for Zeranol, is available at any Co-op, works out at ±R20 a dose(3 month implant). The stuff is easily accessible, but like you said, mentally challenged to entertain the ideas...

Tramadol will only be banned in competition 

out of competition use it is still allowed so it’s really up to the athletes to determine when they stop suing it to allow it to pass out of their systems to below the detection limit.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/news/WADA-2023-prohibited-list-now-force

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/news/wadas-2023-prohibited-list-now-force

Edited by DieselnDust

On 7/30/2023 at 6:38 PM, DieselnDust said:

That SAIDS course is worthwhile as is the WADA course. In these courses they certainly preach the food route rather than supplements specifically because no one can guarantee that a prohibited substance did not get into your supplement. Always keep a sample of the supplement with its batch number if you’re using a lot of supplements. 
however the kind of meds those blokes got pinged for I’m pretty sure did not originate from a contaminated supplement.

How does this help you if you fail a test? Surely an athlete could intentionally contaminate their kept sample and then cry contaminated supplement when it gets tested? I assume the supplement producers don't keep a sample from each batch to verify it with the sample an athlete has kept. 

Does a ban get reduced/overturned if proven to be supplement contamination?

7 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

I took some when I broke my collarbone, and I can definitely say that I was not able to ride a bike after taking the prescribed dosage.

On 7/29/2023 at 10:48 AM, PhilipV said:
On 7/29/2023 at 12:16 PM, Red Bird said:

Yes, USN even puts it on their website.

As from 1 January 2017 Oxilofrine (methylsynephrine), as contained in Advantra Z® and other Citrus Aurantium versions, is on the WADA prohibited substance list (sports banned substances). Please refrain from using products containing Advantra Z® if you are a professional athlete who gets tested by the Anti-doping Agency.

Supplements Can Present a Risk With Respect to Wada Regulated Athletes in Two Ways

1. As the list of prohibited substances changes on a yearly basis, some supplements may contain ingredients which were previously allowed but are now prohibited. In addition, some less scrupulous manufacturers may inadequately or incorrectly label product ingredients, making it difficult for the athlete to identify safe products, even if they are aware of the WADA list.

2. Contamination of a product: 

By the use of ingredients which contain trace amounts of WADA prohibited substances

In the manufacturing process where traces of other products (which contain WADA prohibited substances) are manufactured in the same facility and find their way into another product.

Yes. I refuse to use anything made by USN for  this reason. 

In defense of USN, not all their products are made in the same lab. Their Blue Lab whey protein products are tested for Harmful and any products that are banned. 

Edited by Yyyy