Guys was hoping to get some help, what desk do you use (if any) when on the IDT?  My screen is mounted ahead of me but I find that I'd really like to have a mouse and a laptop just in front of my handlebars.

I love this from Wahoo:

http://www.wahoofitness.com/media/catalog/product/w/a/wahoo_fitness_cycling_desk_with_bike.jpg

But at R5000 it's just not happening.

I'm thinking of using a hospital overbed table that can be bought for about R1500

31r7pA8sX2L._SY355_.jpg

Adjustable height, think it should work well.  Only concern is how close my front wheel can get to the middle rod and if the table will be close enough to be used comfortably.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

With the increase in working hours, not having proper mtb trails within 50km from home,we bit the bullet and started our own little pain cave. We both enjoy zwift, interval workouts ect,so this is our progress so far. Walls are a bit empty, canvasses still need to be placed on the walls as well as medal hangers. Using a Wahoo Kickr, 32” Tv linked to laptop, fan and mobile A/C unit and wifi for internet connectivity, and the obligatory speaker unit (Sony sound unit).

post-42857-0-87948000-1508680354_thumb.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I have read through this thread with great interest as I am looking at setting up a dedicated indoor pain cave for the upcoming winter.

I already have an old road bike that I will be using, as well as a Cycleops Powersync (ANT+). Up until now, I have been using my old laptop with PerfPro for interval training - it works well, but can be rather boring.

I'm looking at training on Zwift over winter, but I would need to buy a new platform in order to run it as my old laptop isn't capable. 

After several days of reading, I see the recommendation from most websites is to buy the new apple TV and get a 4iiii heart rate strap to act as a bridge for all the ANT+ sensors. Does this make sense? Then I can connect my Apple TV to a big screen tv and then I'm all set to go. Am I missing something?

Just to throw another spanner in the works - my wife is now starting to get into her riding and will more than likely also be spending a considerable amount of time on the indoor during winter. I have a spare Cycleops fluid trainer which I believe is compatible with Zwift using a speed and cadence sensor as it estimates your power output from the known fluid power curve. Can I use the same apple TV for both of us? Or do I have to get one apple TV and one big screen TV per account?

Zwift is currently very popular but look at VirtuGo, guess is it will be the next big thing.

I am a beta tester for VGo, giving it a try this weekend.