Our Sufferfest Room. Me and wife trains together.

2 x Tacx Bushido's controlled via 2 x Laptops. Laptop for music or movies. We use Zwift and Sufferfest. 

hell no, I ride to get away from technology and screen time.

granted if I ever migrate to using Zwift or something like that I'll need a screen, but for now its a dumb trainer, an open garage door infront of me, music blasting through the headphones to drown out all the other sounds around me and I zone out.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

granted if I ever migrate to using Zwift or something like that I'll need a screen, but for now its a dumb trainer, an open garage door infront of me, music blasting through the headphones to drown out all the other sounds around me and I zone out.

20 years ago I was training at night in the garage with a simple magnetic resistance trainer and portable stereo with no ear/head phones.... my wife used to come out and close the garage door because of the noise... faster = louder = more volume

Neighbours.....

• 3 months later...

Reading the progression of IDt's since 2016 is "most interesting" ....

Here is my setup -

post-110956-0-36582400-1563214202_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-90599500-1563214214_thumb.jpg

It is in the braai room, with the tv to left of me ... quickly learnt that I cant ride and follow a movie ...  So now it is just the radio on the side and the Zwift screen in front

Still need a stand for the keyboard ...

YES, nothing beats a real ride outside !!  But at least this way I stay in shape when I cant get outside ....

Gradual conversion from bar to pain cave

Hammer for kids bike

H1 for dads bike

Panasonic 40" TV on wall with Apple TV (too high up, difficult to watch and train)

Sabaj A4 amp & Yamaha NS-AW392 speakers (need sub)

2x 45" Mellerware fans (perfect)

Fridge for after training beers

Tablet handlebar brackets (Wahoo if I recall)

Gen 5 ipads

Zwift all the way

Still need to complete the floor, thinking of PVC interlock tiles 

Need to lose the beer mugs and replace with cycling stuff 

post-20653-0-22866300-1563253426_thumb.jpg

post-20653-0-62158400-1563253444_thumb.jpg

Edited by ians

Just a quick question, do you feel it necessary to judge someone else's choice of how they want to train, which by the way has no effect on you, or do you find it necessary in order to validate your own choices by bashing someone else's?

Just a quick question, do you feel it necessary to judge someone else's choice of how they want to train, which by the way has no effect on you, or do you find it necessary in order to validate your own choices by bashing someone else's?

wow, 3 months later this stinging retort. Troll much?

I don't know Ouzo but it doesn't sound like he is judging anyone or bashing, just letting us know his preference for an open garage door and some loud tunes.

For the record, I ride to get outdoors and hate the idea of riding my bicycles inside and spent my IDT budget on an assos long bib for the cold days.  But some people don't have the time and night training, early morning IDT sessions are the key to staying fit.  Each to their own, we all like riding bikes

Do you feel it necessary to pass judgement on other people posts because you did not read it properly ?

No where did I say his choice was not the right choice for him, I validated my "hell no" statement with an explanation of how I, as in me, like to ride. 

So maybe take a step back from teh keyboard next time and read and comprehend better before taking a swing.

wow, 3 months later this stinging retort. Troll much?

I don't know Ouzo but it doesn't sound like he is judging anyone or bashing, just letting us know his preference for an open garage door and some loud tunes.

For the record, I ride to get outdoors and hate the idea of riding my bicycles inside and spent my IDT budget on an assos long bib for the cold days.  But some people don't have the time and night training, early morning IDT sessions are the key to staying fit.  Each to their own, we all like riding bikes

Not really trolling, and didn't look at the time stamp before replying, but thanks for pointing it out.

Stating "hell no, I ride to get away from technology and screen time"  sounds a bit like bashing the other guy's choice, but obviously I misconstrued this. . . .

I think we all choose to be outside, not sure of anyone who prefers to suffer indoors, regardless of choice of high tech versus low tech.

Do you feel it necessary to pass judgement on other people posts because you did not read it properly ?

No where did I say his choice was not the right choice for him, I validated my "hell no" statement with an explanation of how I, as in me, like to ride. 

So maybe take a step back from the keyboard next time and read and comprehend better before taking a swing.

No where did I say that you that you stated it was the wrong choice for him? So not sure why you are defending that part of your statement, I merely asked why you feel the need to bash his choices with the aforementioned "Hell No" statement, which I am open to have my mind changed as to what you were trying to achieve with the statement.

But as this post I replied to is 3 months old, I apologise for reviving it as that's obviously not a thing we do anymore on Bikehub. . . .

I’m finding this thread amusing at the moment. It’s titled “Winter Paincave” but here as we ramp up into Dubai summer I’m trying to figure out my “Summer Paincave” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] It’s almost too uncomfortable to ride outside now. I recon by end July I’ll have no choice but to ride indoors.

Reading the progression of IDt's since 2016 is "most interesting" ....

Here is my setup -

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

It is in the braai room, with the tv to left of me ... quickly learnt that I cant ride and follow a movie ...  So now it is just the radio on the side and the Zwift screen in front

Still need a stand for the keyboard ...

YES, nothing beats a real ride outside !!  But at least this way I stay in shape when I cant get outside ....

Chris, do you have this outside on the stoep ?

If you do, how are you keeping the unit dry (general moisture, not direct rain) and also clean from dust from our lovely winds?

Chris, do you have this outside on the stoep ?

If you do, how are you keeping the unit dry (general moisture, not direct rain) and also clean from dust from our lovely winds?

Was a stoep between the house and garage when we bought it (thus the face brick on the inside).  Been closed and turned into a braai room, study, and generally that room where I spend most of my time

• 2 weeks later...

Gradual conversion from bar to pain cave

Hammer for kids bike

H1 for dads bike

Panasonic 40" TV on wall with Apple TV (too high up, difficult to watch and train)

Sabaj A4 amp & Yamaha NS-AW392 speakers (need sub)

2x 45" Mellerware fans (perfect)

Fridge for after training beers

Tablet handlebar brackets (Wahoo if I recall)

Gen 5 ipads

Zwift all the way

Still need to complete the floor, thinking of PVC interlock tiles 

Need to lose the beer mugs and replace with cycling stuff 

THANKS !!  :thumbup:

I copied your "stand" .... the bar stool works PERFECTLY to keep the keyboard, remote, etc nice and close by  :clap:   :clap: