Yes, it's just under cover of the verandah roof as it's set up. The screens do get moved if there is a big northwester with rain but that's not often. The computers are inside the house.

You live in SA, and that stuff is still there each morning?  :blink:

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, different thread I know, but I see the Hammer doesn't have cadence built in to you'll still need a sensor.

Nice...must say, I had to replace the battery on my cadence sensor this week...ball-ache to get one....integrating everything into one unit is the way forward.

2.Have look after the kiddo whilst needing to fit in a training session

What model kiddo is this that remains stationary or quiet long enough for you to train, and where can I exchange mine for one?

What model kiddo is this that remains stationary or quiet long enough for you to train, and where can I exchange mine for one?

Gaffer tape. #justsaying

Edited by Duane_Bosch

And if you're really missing the views that much just ride GPS Rides with Google streetview. Exactly what you'd see outside, same gradients, the works. But no cars.

GPS rides with Google Streetview?? Please enlighten me!

lol....1 word

lego..keep my little one busy for hours. I keep a eye on her obviously whilst on my trainer but she builds to most elaborate stuff....

I think i have to get sorted with a trainer - taking to the roads here for a ride (even though weather permits) is getting impossible, even driving somewhere to ride is too stressful and dangerous, not to mention danger at venues like Groenies.

Anyone use Zwift?

I think i have to get sorted with a trainer - taking to the roads here for a ride (even though weather permits) is getting impossible, even driving somewhere to ride is too stressful and dangerous, not to mention danger at venues like Groenies.

Anyone use Zwift?

I do... Love it every time!

Time to leave the Pain Cave?

IMG_20160516_092135.jpg

5 years, 11,000km. Not even 1 puncture.

That does not really count as a puncture does it.. :)

Happens to me too occasionally - but I only use old road tires that I have taken off when they start to look dodgy.

thanks, but to be fair the arcade machine is more for me (Ghosts and Goblins is still my favourite game - showing my age)

We need a new thread to discuss the how/when/where of buying an arcade machine [emoji106]

Evenings in the dining room, mornings in the lounge (so the door between the two rooms can be closed to dampen the humming sound of the trainer/wheel.

Tablet with Virtual Trainer and the Garmin on the bike.

No fan, just a small hand towel and lots of water.

15710a1b29855a4a9c12c1f590d33099.jpg

Cadence...

Think you going to have it with most direct drives.

Remember the source of the cadence, it's your crank.

so no way for them to measure it without fitting something, well most of us already most of the time have a Garmin cadence/speed sensor, would be nice if they injected that data and then streamed it out with the power data to your display/head units.

G

It's the difference between just riding and actually training. You hit in on the head in all the points you make.

5 minutes to actually training v time taken to get everything sorted so you can ride. No brainer really.

BTW, different thread I know, but I see the Hammer doesn't have cadence built in to you'll still need a sensor.

Cadence...

Think you going to have it with most direct drives.

Remember the source of the cadence, it's your crank.

so no way for them to measure it without fitting something, well most of us already most of the time have a Garmin cadence/speed sensor, would be nice if they injected that data and then streamed it out with the power data to your display/head units.

G

Modern trainers don't have physical cadence sensors at all. Tacx started with the Genius and have continued with i-Denius and NEO, Kickr is the same I believe. They measure the difference in the torque every few milliseconds and determine the cadence from your pedaling action. It is then included in the transmission of data via ANT+ or BLE.

Nothing to do with the crank. Other than it has to be moving.

true...

but 95%+ of owners that put their bikes on the trainer would be reading outside with same bike, and they would have a most prob a ANT+ based speed/cadence sensor already,

Can't be to big a effort to pick this up and relay with balance of data stream.

G

Modern trainers don't have physical cadence sensors at all. Tacx started with the Genius and have continued with i-Denius and NEO, Kickr is the same I believe. They measure the difference in the torque every few milliseconds and determine the cadence from your pedaling action. It is then included in the transmission of data via ANT+ or BLE.

Nothing to do with the crank. Other than it has to be moving.