true...

but 95%+ of owners that put their bikes on the trainer would be reading outside with same bike, and they would have a most prob a ANT+ based speed/cadence sensor already,

Can't be to big a effort to pick this up and relay with balance of data stream.

G

I use a Garmin Ant+ cadence sensor along with my Garmin 520, Wahoo Kickr Snap and my laptop/phone (Trainer Road/Cycleops virtual training). Both the Garmin and the laptop shows cadence?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

true...

but 95%+ of owners that put their bikes on the trainer would be reading outside with same bike, and they would have a most prob a ANT+ based speed/cadence sensor already,

Can't be to big a effort to pick this up and relay with balance of data stream.

G

On TTS4 it is no effort. Once set it just picks it up and shows on the cadence part of the feedback. But it would be easier not to detect it and use the calculated value. If you run your Garmin indoors for Disco freebies it would detect anyway. I no longer need to do this as TTS4 has a Polar HRM upload capability.

hmmm,

Interesting. do you have a ANT+ dongle plugged into the laptop?

Can understand why the Garmin show's cadence, interesting why the laptop does, how where it gets the data from?

G

I use a Garmin Ant+ cadence sensor along with my Garmin 520, Wahoo Kickr Snap and my laptop/phone (Trainer Road/Cycleops virtual training). Both the Garmin and the laptop shows cadence?

hmmm,

Can understand why the Garmin show's cadence, interesting why the laptop does, how where it gets the data from?

G

Yip, have an Ant+ dongle on the laptop. They're not too expensive and it gets all your info into one spot.

ahh ok, thats how.

if you using laptop, easy solution, ye, gets a bit more fun if your head unit/display is a iPad.

As said, would be nice if "wahoo" ready/injested the ANT+ data stream from a cadence sensor and imbedded the data in it's output to whatever is connected to it (say via BTLE) like a iPad, iPhone, Samsung etc etc, make pairing easier as you only have one device to pair with, Randall the data is there.

G

Yip, have an Ant+ dongle on the laptop. They're not too expensive and it gets all your info into one spot.

my entire family complains, or make that, my brother in law does as my sister looks at him and says, and whats your excuse, my wife... I'm sure she has a issue, because I control very carefully what goes into it and stays.

G

If only my garage looked as neat as that  :clap:  :clap:

hmmm,

G

I use the SUUNTO ANT+ dongle. The best priced unit on the market, and they offer good support when needed. 

I use the SUUNTO ANT+ dongle. The best priced unit on the market, and they offer good support when needed.

Also on that dongle, on your recommendation. Getting it to run wasn't super obvious (fortunately I know my way around a PC) but it works very well.

ahh ok, thats how.

if you using laptop, easy solution, ye, gets a bit more fun if your head unit/display is a iPad.

As said, would be nice if "wahoo" ready/injested the ANT+ data stream from a cadence sensor and imbedded the data in it's output to whatever is connected to it (say via BTLE) like a iPad, iPhone, Samsung etc etc, make pairing easier as you only have one device to pair with, Randall the data is there.

G

Do you have an ANT+ dongle for your iPad? Apple products don't have ANT+ native as far as I know but do have BLE. I solved all this different standard rubbish by getting a wahoo cadence sensor that transmits in both and I simply mount it to my shoe. Never missed a pedal stroke since.

What is your actual set up?

no.

I ended buying a Wahoo RPM Cadence pod, which is BTLE, to connect to my iPad that I mostly use with TrainerRoad.

I got the ANT+ dongle, to use with my MAC if I want to.

G

Wahoo Kickr

iPad 1 Air

Wahoo Tickr HR Strap

Wahoo RPM Cadence pod.

(Also have a Stages, but not using it because of "problems" my side trying to resolve so removed it's data stream out of the equation to get root cause, otherwise this could have been my cadence source, although TrainerRoad does not allow you to pair with it and not use the Power data, it's either Power and Cadence or nothing).

Do you have an ANT+ dongle for your iPad? Apple products don't have ANT+ native as far as I know but do have BLE. I solved all this different standard rubbish by getting a wahoo cadence sensor that transmits in both and I simply mount it to my shoe. Never missed a pedal stroke since.

What is your actual set up?

Edited by awesme

We need a new thread to discuss the how/when/where of buying an arcade machine [emoji106]

1 - ask wife if you can have one

2 - show picture of said device

3 - if you are brave play clip of sounds....

4 - duck....

5 - go back to dreaming.....

In my case my pinball machine didn't last long afte we got married.... a sad day indeed.... didn't pass the WAF test (wife acceptance factor)....

Practically the issue is finding spares and someone who has the skills to maintain them - more of a problem than it seems these days.

ahh ok, thats how.

G

Ant+ dongle for Ipad https://www.bicyclepower.co.za/product/ant-iphoneipad-key/

Coming out of a Korean winter got some serious use out of this little corner of pain...

Summer allowing me to get out more, but as it was said earlier, cant beat the convenience of IDT... (and yes, i need a bike stand)

post-41249-0-99745800-1463468871_thumb.jpg

post-41249-0-37368800-1463468876_thumb.jpg