Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you using as undercoat on that MDF?

I am trying to find an appropriate sprayable undercoat - something 2k compatible.

Any primer on MDF has to be solvent based or oil based - never water based - keep to that rule and all will be fine.

Ok, so for the Gauteng based guys I'm going to drop the mother of all Pallet secrets:

Andre 082 257 5667

He works at Norcros, who makes tiles and cement for TAL and a few other companies. They make their own pallets to ship out (unobtainium) but most of the pallets that comes in are sold ... 50c a piece. Enquire with Andre as to availability and pick-up times etc, they are a little finicky sometimes (can only pick up on Tue and Thur, must 'book' a week in advance etc)

I normally pre-pay for 100 pallets and drop two of my guys there with a set of crowbars, hammers, pliers and a trailer. They fill it with stripped planks in a day :)

Ok, so for the Gauteng based guys I'm going to drop the mother of all Pallet secrets:

Andre 082 257 5667

He works at Norcros, who makes tiles and cement for TAL and a few other companies. They make their own pallets to ship out (unobtainium) but most of the pallets that comes in are sold ... 50c a piece. Enquire with Andre as to availability and pick-up times etc, they are a little finicky sometimes (can only pick up on Tue and Thur, must 'book' a week in advance etc)

I normally pre-pay for 100 pallets and drop two of my guys there with a set of crowbars, hammers, pliers and a trailer. They fill it with stripped planks in a day :)

So for the lazy and impatient ous you should charge a rand a piece and they can collect any time or for a nominal fee you'll deliver...  :ph34r:

Hmmm, "unlike this".....

Lol, maybe next time you speak to them, ask if they know of somewhere in JHB that may do something similar?

I know an ou that you could speak to...

Sjoe.. a lot of talent here.. keep posting pics that way I can just show them to hubby and say.. I want this, I want that, and this too.[emoji39]

The real question is, will he make it for you or just ignore you?

I know an ou that you could speak to...

Famous last words, lol...

Had the tools out for the bunny hutch repairs, should make space for one of the table saws again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I figured I should start small and work my way up on this thread.

Here is a little oak tray I made for my Spong no. 4 coffee grinder to catch the coffee. It used to be mounted to a table so I would just put a saucer underneath it but I mounted it on the wall the other day and so I had to get around to making the tray I had always intended to make.

post-35592-0-69302800-1464675329_thumb.jpg

post-35592-0-23392800-1464675335_thumb.jpg

So I figured I should start small and work my way up on this thread.

Here is a little oak tray I made for my Spong no. 4 coffee grinder to catch the coffee. It used to be mounted to a table so I would just put a saucer underneath it but I mounted it on the wall the other day and so I had to get around to making the tray I had always intended to make.

attachicon.gifTray1.JPG

attachicon.gifTray2.JPG

Word on the street is that we might be in awe if you continue posting your stuff...contninue please!

A couple hours later [emoji3]

15c298c58015c36a31c416dc93f640b4.jpg

Add a little stain and varnish

269d3b16ee2b4f52932fdb012306d337.jpg

Even the dogs like [emoji3]fad5eb92c669265b6c521744238b66be.jpg

Very nice, give us some more shots of the coffee table please?

really like that

The real question is, will he make it for you or just ignore you?

Ha ha ha ha..make it ha ha ha.

No he'll pay someone to make it or buy something similar. . I forsee birthday gifts in my future

Very nice, give us some more shots of the coffee table please?

really like that

will do...

the coffee table is made up of the off cuts from my workshop...

the top is from the little off cuts from the pots plants...

the legs are the piece cut out from my fishing rod stands...

the stainless steel is off cuts from a balustrade...

the threaded rod which holds it together are off cuts from installing cable trays...

the long dark pieces are from west ridge park stadium...the old planks which people sat on for 50 years.