Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

I have a 25 year old Dremel, still works like a new one, pity as I would love to have a reason to buy a newer model. Fantastic tool if you have the need.

You could always find a need to use it...  :whistling:  :ph34r:

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I did, probably would've been stress free..;)

I haven't ventured too far off though, became a Fitter and Turner and now Mechanical Engineer, so kept to working with machines making things after school and now sitting behind a desk and every so often on site telling people what to do...  :lol:

Still love my workshop at home and try and create practical pieces for home and the kids...

It's not

Over the weekend while window shopping at Hamleys, I saw something that probably would help save those blades, end your frustration, and ease your mind.

they had a metal detector for sale,

Ordinarily nails and screws are not an issue, we mostly plane and cut "new" timber, but every now and then we get requests to clean reclaimed wood, which is where the problems come from.

I have a 25 year old Dremel, still works like a new one, pity as I would love to have a reason to buy a newer model. Fantastic tool if you have the need.

Ditto, except my classic is tad older.and a 110v version direct from the US of A back in the day.  Much prefer the Li Ion powered portable version though.

Anyone have any idea how much reclaimed(ie 2hnd) Burmese Teak sells for per cube, ballpark figure? Apparently it's around R120k per cube new :o

Anyone have any idea how much reclaimed(ie 2hnd) Burmese Teak sells for per cube, ballpark figure? Apparently it's around R120k per cube new :o

Sounds high. What about a local alternative. African Teak, Rhodesian Teak? Ysterhout. What do you plan to make?

That price is not so bad for 30mm thick quality ply.  30mm is quite a chunk.  Will make for one serious tabletop or worktop.  Work out how much this will cost you to laminate using hardwood strips, then it suddenly seems quite fair.

AFAIK, the same quality ply in 19mm thick is about R1200 per sheet.  Now compare this price to the price you pay for the usual chipboard crap, keeping longevity and workability in mind.  MDF and chipboard is fine, as long as you keep water and moisture away. In the long run, this is not such an easy thing to do.