Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed - I took my 30 year old ratchet (that someone borrowed without asking, and then used as a hammer) to Gedore in Milnerton. They replaced it there and then, no questions asked, no humming or hawing.

Gedore, SnapOn and Leatherman have legendary warrantees.

Or the Pelican protective cases my cameras live in. My ones' warranty card said: Lifetime warranty, excluding shark bite, bear attack and children under five. Obviously written by a rare lawyer with a sense of humour. They do exist! Twenty years on I had an issue with a latch. They replaced it without even asking for proof of purchase. No hassle. 

For the same reason I also stick with Gedore, except that I never broke any of it and never had to test their warranty. Lost some to the borrowers, yes, but never broke anything., 

Edited by DJR

Does Gedore have a lifetime no questions asked warranty?

As in apart from blatant abuse if one of their tools breaks they'll replace it free of charge?

Does Gedore have a lifetime no questions asked warranty?

As in apart from blatant abuse if one of their tools breaks they'll replace it free of charge?

Pretty much so. Remarkable in this day and age.

Pretty much so. Remarkable in this day and age.

How do you swop out broken tools if you are not near a Gedore factory?

How do you swop out broken tools if you are not near a Gedore factory?

Email general@gedore.co.za. They should be able to help.

Or the Pelican protective cases my cameras live in. My ones' warranty card said: Lifetime warranty, excluding shark bite, bear attack and children under five. Obviously written by a rare lawyer with a sense of humour. They do exist! Twenty years on I had an issue with a latch. They replaced it without even asking for proof of purchase. No hassle. 

For the same reason I also stick with Gedore, except that I never broke any of it and never had to test their warranty. Lost some to the borrowers, yes, but never broke anything., 

The Coleman Steel Belt Cooler Boxes are the same.I wrote to them and they posted me a new catch.

Do you still get the steel belt ones?

The Coleman Steel Belt Cooler Boxes are the same.I wrote to them and they posted me a new catch.

Do you still get the steel belt ones?

They do still make them. I saw a new one on Tuesday, but didn't ask the owner what it cost now.

Quick simple little project for one of the D's.......that took much more time and effort (sanding an applying a London oil finish) than expected. Reminded me what an amazing wood walnut is to work with.

Offcut walnut from Rare Woods, at a good price too, but it needed some tampering to get it square and flat

Glue, Sand, Jigsaw, quick and easy

Sand, sand, sand and then sand some more

Many, many applications of gun stock oil, lots of rubbing it in  by hand. Could have done more, can always do more. Always fantastic to see the grain come alive

European skull mount of gemsbok   

post-17716-0-05263500-1471241522_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-95771800-1471241751_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-21845300-1471241775_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-63880500-1471241798_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-76131300-1471241822_thumb.jpg