Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in this way, as I'm not a fan. But epoxies are straight forward and if you speak to AMT composites, they should be able to sort you out..

https://www.amtcomposites.co.za/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwk_TbBRDsARIsAALJSObxlwJ0e0RFHFDhNF02A9_-1eOnf16AKVyZWZI7jRllfEpi5X7sBewaAkU3EALw_wcB

Just sit when they give pricing.

It is not a cheap exercise at all.

That being said its the pigments that are pricey and there are cheaper ways around it so do your research.

Also be wary of bubbles..........

That being said its the pigments that are pricey and there are cheaper ways around it so do your research.

Very expensive,also you get resin and then you get resin.

My daughter as a vacuum chamber to get rid of the bubbles

Very expensive,also you get resin and then you get resin.

My daughter as a vacuum chamber to get rid of the bubbles

Jip, that is the best way but you can also use heat to remove bubbles in various ways.

Its a lot of trial and error and with the costs I abondoned the idea.

I do have quite a bit of knowledge with resins as I do some carbon fibre skinning and mold making. 

From my experience there is a fair amount of wastage and external environment conditions have a massive impact on the end product too.

Preperation, preperation, preperation is also a mantra to live by.........

Indeed, just got flash backs now from some 10 years ago. Looked at all sorts of glass bead fillers to reduce volume and cost. 

Preperation, preperation, preperation is also a mantra to live by.........

This. 

Used to go around to plants (huletts, etc) with my old man when he was still with ABE. He was one of the principal epoxy flooring & waterproofing consultants there in the late 80's and into the 90's. Contractors thinking they can get away with less floor prep than he told them to do were called back MANY times to fix areas where the molasses and other chemicals had literally eaten the floor away from underneath due to improper preparation and application of hte product. 

Your prep needs to be impeccable in order to guarantee a good finish and long lasting result.