Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

At least he is wearing safety glasses!

Is that a Ryobi mitre saw? I really like those Metabo ones that Pants linked, the sliding part gives them good reach too.

Indeed, did not go for the small one. Got an larger one.

Used it a lot this weekend as the skill saw is a mission to use.

Will get proper things later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, did not go for the small one. Got an larger one.

Used it a lot this weekend as the skill saw is a mission to use.

Will get proper things later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The larger one gives better reach so it kinda goes mid way between reach on the smaller sliding ones. You may never need the extra reach if your boards arent too wide.

You mentioned chisels a while back, these are great value and fine for general carpentry stuff. I have a set of them and while you wont be cutting fine dovetails with them they do most things fairly well.

http://www.loot.co.za/product/fragram-firmer-chisel-set-4-piece/blcw-3765-g870

You cant beat R89 for 4 chisels!!

Anyone know if you can replace a Ryobi hand planers belt?  I am unable to find an image of the planer, but it seems that the belt broke on Sat.  There is a bit of work that I would like to do on the headboard, but the planer stopped working and a few bits of rubber fell out at the drum thing...

Anyone know if you can replace a Ryobi hand planers belt?  I am unable to find an image of the planer, but it seems that the belt broke on Sat.  There is a bit of work that I would like to do on the headboard, but the planer stopped working and a few bits of rubber fell out at the drum thing...

Builders and the like will point you in the right direction or go here for help...http://www.ryobi.co.za/

O, yes, the belt is replaceable

Edited by Ed-Zulu

That better be to scale!

Now overlay your electrical layout so that you know where all your power supply lies in relation to the workshop layout.

Duh, the marking pen is obviously not to scale :clap:

Grappies op 'n stokkie...good point Sir!

It's 1:10 scale. Busy working on dust collection and electrical layouts over that - I think the current layout is going to minimize pipe length for the DC - less than 4 feet of pipe to the 3 most used sanders, then another 10 feet to the drum sander. Only one that is far is the mitre saw, but will lay pipe to it in any case and have another blast gate at that end for a normal vacuum cleaner pipe, to clean up the workbenches :)

There'l be 1 foot of flex connecting the DC to the system, then no flex pipe at the three sanders (belt sander, disk sander, spindle sander) Some 2 foot of flex pipe at the drum sander, just for mobility, and another 2 foot at the sliding mitre saw to allow for movement there.

I'm planning on putting a couple of the benches on castors - the one with the two sanders on (large belt and disc sander combo and spindle sander, bottom left) as well as the mitre saw bench, bottom right, and then maybe the short section top right hand corner. It has to be cut due to the size of the postform tops available, so may as well make it mobile. Was thinking of maybe making it my paint and spray equipment storage, then if I need to spray I just run it around like a cart. It's about 120cm long.

As far as electrickery is concerned, I have several hundred feet of dual channel trunking that my dad gave me (from an old worksite where they threw out a couple of TONS of this stuff) So will be wall mounting that all the way around the shop. Installing a new plug point anywhere will take 5 minutes if needed.

My router table is already on wheels and will fit under one of the benches. I'm thinking of making some more of those size roll-arounds to store all the other tools in, with a 18mm lampine top so that I can use it for extra surface if needed. Make them so they fit flush under the counters and sit on lockable castors.

Take it to Ryobi's agent in 16th street Midrand

Also looking for some fancy-pant ideas for lumber storage - something I can slide a full sheet of ply behind and lay down some planks. It will sit flush against a wall, doesn't need to move or swing, there's enough space in front and to the side.

So iets? Sonder wiele

No, with wheels, everything, always, because flexibility trumps everything else. Just get castors you can lock.