Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:cursing: , so now that you lot have hijaxed my thread  :clap: ....

other than nerd, is there any one else who can help ?  :blush:

@jimmycool - show us some of your piano restoration pictures.

Ok sure. I will dig some up when I get home.

:cursing: , so now that you lot have hijaxed my thread  :clap: ....

other than nerd, is there any one else who can help ?  :blush:

Ha ha, sometimes it's the price you pay for bringing up a cool subject.

My dad spent his life doing woodwork as a hobby. Most of his stuff he got from my grandfather who was a carpenter. My dad is now too old to work so he gave all his power tools away. He still has all the handtools though so I will see what he still has left over. I also do not have the space or time to do woodwork but it is something I would enjoy. Nothing like building something up with your own hands. The royal Natal show still has some awesome displays of the Midlands woodworkers guild projects each year.

Nice, what size projects can you handle? I'm on the prowl for a high value project that needs to be handed over in august.

How large is the project? I've got some seasonal guys working for me, but can easily expand the crew. Workshop is not massive though.

How large is the project? I've got some seasonal guys working for me, but can easily expand the crew. Workshop is not massive though.

Pm coming to your inbox in the next couple of minutes.

Lovely, what wood is that?

Thanks! The tops are Rhodesian Teak, 50mm thick, counter space total is 4mX600mm. The bottom stuff is, sigh, stained pine. I suggested to the client that we take industrial pine, from the  mills, and spray a matt black over them. Initially he agreed, but then reversed decision and asked me to stain it. I'd much rather have kept it to the rough-sawn pine than stain it, but I think it came out ok in the end.