Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

A table i have been building with all the scraps from my workshop

One of 4 benches i am busy building for our entertainment area...from pallets

A very important machine when working with reclaimed wood...planer thicknesser...the trick is to replace the blades with ones you can resharpen...it must be the most used machine in my workshop

Hi Crankywoodworker!

Dave, whee are you based? I'd love to come check out those canoes, it's on my "I'd love to do that" list.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really like this :thumbup:

How wide is it?

Thanks [emoji15] - it's 2.4m. Took a 5.4m x 380mm laminated pine beam, cut 2 pieces of 2.4, laminated them to make the top, then cut up the Offcuts to make the uprights. The remainder of the wood was offcuts, all in, the wood cost me about R700, finishing (stain, wax, etc.) about R400, handles, runners and screws about R500. So, R1600 for a piece that would be R7000+ to buy. Yes, my time is not factored in, but my wife would argue that it keeps me off the streets...

0bf0ae2f3d944b20b4d65b67718398e0.jpg

These I built with reclaimed pallets, my wife stained them and painted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome tv cabinet

Last one...

26532339243_f9531ea137_c.jpg

Next one...

27041624302_43c871c195_c.jpg

my dad would love to make one of these. If I had the money I'd build him a workshop with all the tools etc to make his dream.

That is stunning...did you make the knife too?

Thanks. No I got the blade from a knife maker, polished it myself and had it re sharpened. I actually gave this one away as a gift to a mate. 

Thanks. No I got the blade from a knife maker, polished it myself and had it re sharpened. I actually gave this one away as a gift to a mate.

Very nice gift to receive.