Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that. I use a marking knife and make a jig for a specific project, you can also use a carpet knife/slanley knife. Alternatively clamp all the pieces together and use a square to mark with a knife. I made this garden bench for my wife from Rhodesian teak, not a screw or nail to be found in it. Mainly mortise and tenon.

http://http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/war63423/Copy%202%20of%202008_1018Woodwork0005_zpsgmic3wzs.jpg

Bloody hell - two questions - how did you cut it, and how do you move it...?

Cut it up with a Triton circular saw. Hardest wood I have cut is Leadwood, no problems. Today's blades are tough. Takes two to carry it. Not that heavy.

I had my eye on one of those Triton setups - looks really well thought out?

Have realised tho, that I just don't have the time to commit to make it worth while.

Maybe when I've retired...

I had my eye on one of those Triton setups - looks really well thought out?

Have realised tho, that I just don't have the time to commit to make it worth while.

Maybe when I've retired...

They are great bits of kit, if you can afford the price tag. 

My dad has one of these... Busy trying to angle a way to get hold of it. Shopsmith Mk V. Got it for R 500 from a junk sale, and refurbished it himself. Shopsmith themselves have taken an interest in it as they don't see many of them being refurbished anymore. 

BRILLIANT piece of kit. Combination tablesaw, disc sander, drill press & lathe

http://tomsworkbench.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/AnvMarkVGlamour6.gif

http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=37508

tried to find it on bassing.co.za but the site is down...here is another not so detailed version of the build.

when i stopped by one evening he had all the pieces cut on his lounge floor...the boat was built under an awning.

it is one thing building something in a huge workshop with all the tools required...but taking on a project like this in your driveway...eeeish.

Edited by isetech

Check out your local woodcrafters association...the avg age is around 70...the old guys have just the tools you looking for...

Ken tibet would be the man in durban to source old tools...bought an original stanley planer for R400

Ideal for cleaning up small bits

b793446069efea6431d95143cfa42225.jpg

Older than i am

6c885dc3b44c304457f40115620ad9f4.jpg

Found these while visiting the winter fair at bainsfield.

1a849baf6bdf9d8e3cf175651d232078.jpg

When i need a straight edge for a machine [emoji12]

09b5d68ad33d4c57596bffa833b28706.jpg

A table i have been building with all the scraps from my workshop

94f55609657b80f6c302a4af5b8da4ae.jpg

One of 4 benches i am busy building for our entertainment area...from palletsc010e7c2e4e78132e1ddc06ae6a52f9c.jpg

A very important machine when working with reclaimed wood...planer thicknesser...the trick is to replace the blades with ones you can resharpen...it must be the most used machine in my workshop

7a4f3b3a5e8ed145db8febf167296f17.jpg

bc0c52b08b2edbd69849537284f25fb9.jpg

Entertainment unit, first "real" furniture piece, I'm happy with the outcome!

Really like this :thumbup:

How wide is it?