Greg Minnaar

Mongoose!

Greg was third fastest in timed training at the MSA WCDH yesterday. Qualification is later today. 

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Also thought it was BS initially but confirmed by Santa cruz.

Very much think its the global economy causing it , i mean he's still associated with Rush and selling Santa out of his own store so ome would think they'd make an effort to keep up the partnership 

13 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Also thought it was BS initially but confirmed by Santa cruz.

Very much think its the global economy causing it , i mean he's still associated with Rush and selling Santa out of his own store so ome would think they'd make an effort to keep up the partnership 

Exactly this, how does the business relationship look going forward.

Is Norco still in SA with Cycles United, don`t think so with their focus to Enduro, Downhill and Gravity, pushing units in SA will be difficult.

Just love cycling and the cycling industry.

One article, which very specifically says to take with a dose of salt.
No one knows anything yet. 

Norco is no longer in SA.

Thanks god for that. When this flashed up I thought it was the dreaded retirement out of the blue. Norco though? Always quite like the ones I’ve ridden but Min & the Cruz… it’s peas in a pod. 

22 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

One article, which very specifically says to take with a dose of salt.
No one knows anything yet. 

Norco is no longer in SA.

The article linked actually has an instagram update where SC confirmed it. (Allegedly)

7 hours ago, peetwindhoek said:

The article linked actually has an instagram update where SC confirmed it. (Allegedly)

Saw that, was just an announcement of GM finishing with the team. Nothing about Norco etc

The Syndicate seems to went out of their way to create a place for Steve after his retirement from racing. Would be interesting to see if this arrangement continues.

If not, it is surely a sign of hardtimes and most probably why GM was let go.

Edited by vanniri

48 minutes ago, vanniri said:

The Syndicate seems to went out of their way to create a place for Steve after his retirement from racing. Would be interesting to see if this arrangement continues.

If not, it is surely a sign of hardtimes and most probably why GM was let go.

and I am sure a 21 or 22 world cup champion does not come cheap.

4 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

He will represent internationally; I cannot think about a better rep for your brand

I wonder how many $$$$ over the years SC have paid GM (easy to work out for those who have the figures).

I wonder how many bikes GM has sold for SC (impossible to quantify) over the years. Been a good relationship for both parties.

Maybe not so simple, but I'm surprised they couldn't make a plan to keep him with the brand that he is such a face of. Massive assumption is that he was not looking to move. So many other brands seem to support their marquee rider once they retire (thinking Sauser) 

40 minutes ago, DJR said:

Do I recall correctly that he raced for Honda before going to Santa Cruz? Nothing lasts forever.

Yes he raced for Honda. Iconic bike too.

But Honda were short lived in their downhill racing