Hemorrhoids

Sensitive topic but sensitive !! :eek:  :eek:  Just wondering how many of you have had it and I am certain that long hours in the saddle causes this due to increased " Valsalva effect"

Did you go for surgery or did this just clear up on its own? Did you have to stop training for a while ? Haven't seen similar post might be interesting!

I don't have experience. But suspect you will need more than your regular chamois cream for that situation.

Sensitive topic but sensitive !! :eek:  :eek:  Just wondering how many of you have had it and I am certain that long hours in the saddle causes this due to increased " Valsalva effect"

Did you go for surgery or did this just clear up on its own? Did you have to stop training for a while ? Haven't seen similar post might be interesting!

Cycling is not associated with higher levels of haemoroids as far as I am aware - long hours "forcing/straining" in the bathroom are more likely to be a factor.

First step is to treat with topical ointments, if that does not help, then consider surgery, especially if bleeding or prolapsed - surgery will mean some time off the bike - a week or two.

No idea.

Isn't t that the stuff politicians get around their mouths from time to time ...  :ph34r:

Indeed a stinky topic. You will need ointment, bullets (they go up you know where) and possibly surgery if prolapsed. At least two weeks off the bike. The pain is excruciating! You may need a doughnut to sit on at work too (but this was simply to embarrassing).

Good luck, i would not wish this on anyone. 

This is no joke, and the surgery to correct ruptured ones will keep you out of the saddle for a minimum of 2 weeks, more if you have a lower pain threshold! The recovery stages after surgery are fkn painful, long (feels like an eternity, even though it passes in about 2 weeks) and messy!!!!!

Once you're healed up though, you will wonder why you stupidly endured all the symptoms (with lotions, ointments, pills, blah, blah, blah) for so long before going for the slice-n-dice!

If you're suffering, get it sorted!

I cant imagine how you would train with them, would not be a fun affair that.

Had them once due to a week long stomach virus that ended in hospital, so it kinda put me out of any training for a while.

I had one once, worst part was having to go to the Doctor...! Quack reckoned it was from a high protein/low fiber diet, not the cycling. I took 2 weeks off rather than chance any more pain and further issues. 

Since being a vegetarian never had any issues taking a dump! 

Had a prolapsed one a few years back, just before the World Funride Champs. 

Went to my GP, and he "topped" it, right then and there, in his rooms. (the injection in the "ring" was more painfull than the rest of the procedure :blush: )

As I was in the tapering phase of my training, I just took a few days off the bike. Once I started training again, it was a lot better than before the procedure, more uncomfortable than painfull, as I was not sitting on the thing anymore.

Maybe I was just lucky, but it was nothing major in my case.

I have never had them. I do however know a few of them.

And I know some guys who are such perfect @rseholes that they would never get them.

Archived