[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

So, who is stuck on the R21 trying to get on a flight to CT?

I was on the 05h55 flight but got to the airport around 04h30 and didn't have any problems. They obviously only started a bit after that.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on the 05h55 flight but got to the airport around 04h30 and didn't have any problems. They obviously only started a bit after that.

Catching the same flight tomorrow morning, any queue issues so early?

I see the taxi drivers indicated that they are sleeping at ORT tonight, and will disrupt traffic again tomorrow.

So, if you leaving from ORT, I suggest you try and get there nice and early.

I see the taxi drivers indicated that they are sleeping at ORT tonight, and will disrupt traffic again tomorrow.

So, if you leaving from ORT, I suggest you try and get there nice and early.

:cursing:

Nicely done expo.

Left Somerset West at 08h30, got to the bus lane just as 09H00 arrived so drove in the bus line which was clear with all the other folk still stuck in the slower lanes. :clap:

Plenty parking at expo next to MacD. Easy flow really nice layout, everyone relaxed. Pity no real show specials on the stuff (I) we wanted.

But so far so good.

I'm kinda worried that the wind might cost me my 2nd lap. Starting at 6:29 so I'll need to finish in under 3:15 to make it.

Catching the same flight tomorrow morning, any queue issues so early?

I did an online check in yesterday so didn't have to go through check in. I didn't have any bags to check in so made things much easier. Zero que for me untill I had to board.

I did an online check in yesterday so didn't have to go through check in. I didn't have any bags to check in so made things much easier. Zero que for me untill I had to board.

Makes sense, I only have a carry on, so might just do that as well.

So who has ridden the 2009 Argus? The one where all the portaloos blew over, some with people inside as well

Did that one, and after almost being blown over coming DOWN Chappies, promised myself I'll never do it again in such windy conditions...

But here I am, ready to line up for no. 10... At what point will I make the call whether I'll ride or not?  Probably around Simon's Town, by which time it will be too late to turn back... :whistling:

I'm kinda worried that the wind might cost me my 2nd lap. Starting at 6:29 so I'll need to finish in under 3:15 to make it.

I did 3:12 last year starting 6:31 and still faffed about for ages.  Last group took AGES to get out the shoot.  So guess 3:30 is still ok

hahahaha. Wait until I spark my bike up at 6:00 in the morning. BRAAAAAAP!

Hout Bay. Home of the moaners, serial outsourcers and nosy parkers

I think I just [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] a bit too much

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I came here for the Hubber Hype........

Enjoy the Ride all

Going for sub 3 this year from group 1H. :mellow:

All in or bomb in spectacular fashion and with wind it will most probably be the later.