[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Is there a reason the city does not transport the sand away? or keeping it natural?

Logic tells me the city should emulate the natural sand movement. Put it in a truck and dump it above Sandy's

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly right. I live on that "dune" if you look at the photos in the HB museum it used to be one big dune from the beach to the top of Sandy Bay's neck, from where there's a bit of vegetation

Ja. I live in beach estate between Empire and Victoria.

The sand is a small price to pay to live in HB.

Yes. And make sure the tire pressures are REALLY low. Lot's of sand on the road.

Organise one of those angry cyclist hating aunties from one of those threads a few months back to clean the road nicely for us. 

Ja. I live in beach estate between Empire and Victoria.

The sand is a small price to pay to live in HB.

Tell my mate who lives on the cnr of Empire and Princess, that. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Organise one of those angry cyclist hating aunties from one of those threads a few months back to clean the road nicely for us. 

did anyone check the condition of the road from kalkbay to fishoek where road is being done dont look so nice 

did anyone check the condition of the road from kalkbay to fishoek where road is being done dont look so nice 

I am from joburg so I will only see that road in a few weeks when I get down there. It was spoken about a few pages ago. I am sure it will be good enough to race on before the 12th.

Tell my mate who lives on the cnr of Empire and Princess, that. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Haha. If you gonna be dumb you'd better be tough.

Its not as bad or as long as the potholed section the 99er went through.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Its not as bad or as long as the potholed section the 99er went through.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Its much worse than the 99er section, there is a storm grate that has not been moved from the middle of the road, the man hole covers are not level. 

I expect a few punctures on the day here, also its not straight, its got a chicane in it.

Its much worse than the 99er section, there is a storm grate that has not been moved from the middle of the road, the man hole covers are not level. 

I expect a few punctures on the day here, also its not straight, its got a chicane in it.

:thumbdown:

I am from joburg so I will only see that road in a few weeks when I get down there. It was spoken about a few pages ago. I am sure it will be good enough to race on before the 12th.

Highly doubt it, that stretch of road was supposed to be completed before the 2010 World Cup already

I drove through there twice this morning and was trying to figure out if they'll have it resurfaced before the big day or not.

I suspect that they are incredibly close to pulling it off but will most likely miss it by a week or two. So we'll just have to put our gum-guards in and head into battle. Maybe just think of it as the Kalk Bay Roubaix.

Will take a GoPro clip this weekend and post it for anybody who's travelling to the event.