Review: Lyne Contour Dropper Seatpost

Matt

Installed the Lyne dropper this evening. Ran cable through the bottle cage connection - unscrewed the threaded adaptor and cable fits nicely. No holes to be drilled.

Sealed the hole with stretchy insulation tape.

Looking forward to riding it

Edited by slickandtyred

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed the Lyne dropper this evening. Ran cable through the bottle cage connection - unscrewed the threaded adaptor and cable fits nicely. No holes to be drilled.

Sealed the hole with stretchy insulation tape.

Looking forward to riding it

Pics?

Runs out seat tube and under BB before connecting to cable clips running up front tube to the handle bars.

Will neaten up the insulation tape after testing the dropper

Runs out seat tube and under BB before connecting to cable clips running up front tube to the handle bars.

I did exactly the same thing... 

Not a permanent solution but I can't afford to have Dave weld a real one and re spray my bike at the moment....

Will look at doing something after season. For now, 1 bottle cage and a super rad kickass dropper is the answer.

Maybe get a rubber grommet instead of the tape. Will look a lot neater. Dropper and sus lockout on the same side? that hand will be busy!

Maybe get a rubber grommet instead of the tape. Will look a lot neater. Dropper and sus lockout on the same side? that hand will be busy!

As per above ... you can buy these at builder warehouse, etc.

http://contentinjection.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ningbo-forever-rubber-grommet.jpg

Thanks will try with smaller grommets to neaten things up.

Suspension lockout and dropper switch are comfortably spaced and access to gears not compromised. Will ride it some more and fine tune position of each if needed. I usually only lockout suspension on black top roads so no problem there.

Fortunately I have opposable thumbs and should hopefully be able to operate switches accordingly.

Will keep you posted

I reckon it veers to the left thanks to all the added weight on the left side of the bar.  Maybe at least mount your GPS on the right.  If not for your sake, then for ours.

Just to put the price in perspective - I was quoted R9k for a Reverb Stealth (150mm 31.6) for Hightower. Lyne unfortunately does not have a long-enough option yet so I ended up with a Fox Transfer which works great.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just to put the price in perspective - I was quoted R9k for a Reverb Stealth (150mm 31.6) for Hightower. Lyne unfortunately does not have a long-enough option yet so I ended up with a Fox Transfer which works great.

Serious question.  Does the extra 25mm matter THAT much?

I've been on 125mm for the last 2.5 years and can't say that I've ever felt the need for more clearance.  I don't know where in SA it's steep enough for long enough to warrant that much clearance.  

Or is it a physiological issue i.e. you're crazy tall?

Serious question. Does the extra 25mm matter THAT much?

I've been on 125mm for the last 2.5 years and can't say that I've ever felt the need for more clearance. I don't know where in SA it's steep enough for long enough to warrant that much clearance.

Or is it a physiological issue i.e. you're crazy tall?

It's not the drop so much as the post length I needed. At about 88kg in riding kit I like to have more than the minimum 100mm of post in the seat tube. Hightower has a low top tube and short seat tube so it needs a lengthy post. Those that fit tend to have 150mm drop.

125mm Reverb dropper on my Tallboy LT was plenty enough drop for me but couldn't use it on the Hightower because of the smaller diameter and a little shorter in the frame than I was comfortable with. I'll be either selling it or using it on another build.

Edited by JXV