Bike Check: Alan Hatherly's Olympic Giant Anthem

Nick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if I've been living in a cave and not keeping up to date with the local XCO scene, but who is Alan Hatherly and when did he arrive on the scene? What happened to the likes of Phil Buys, Max Knox and those okes?

On face value those giants just looks leap years behind the likes of spez, cannondale, santa cruz and the list goes on

Obviously it's a design that works well ... in any case, it's leg power and riding ability that counts most.

So an oke trains, races his ass off and gets to do what he loves. What we love. He does it so well that he gets to go to the Ofreakinglympics. As a token of their appreciation the sponsors and / or manufacturer goes to the effort to get him a custom paint job in his country's colors (or one that changes colors!)

Instead of us going

- Leka saffa

- holy ****, well done for going

- We are proud of you making it there

- make us proud

- lekker to see a youngster make it there lets wish him many years of great racing.

On the flip side Giant / Kargo all the other sponsors put themselves out there in order to support the sport of ours, help it grow, FIND THE NEXT OLYMPIAN with maybe one day a medal and then a top step to follow.

We rather bash, comment, cyber bully and be stupid about things. When did we as people become so feeble minded that we can't see the good in something and just wish everyone the best for achieving what they have achieved? What will you and I be doing this weekend when that guy is representing his country at the Ofreakinglympics?

Crit is fine, but if it's all you can get out then maybe listen to your Dad's advice and rather say nothing at all. 

EDIT: Why not rather use this a message board for your support of him and our team? Something that can actually be sent to him and he'll know that **** everyone, Hubbers I've got the support of hubbers.

So an oke trains, races his ass off and gets to do what he loves. What we love. He does it so well that he gets to go to the Ofreakinglympics. As a token of their appreciation the sponsors and / or manufacturer goes to the effort to get him a custom paint job in his country's colors (or one that changes colors!)

Instead of us going

- Leka saffa

- holy ****, well done for going

- We are proud of you making it there

- make us proud

- lekker to see a youngster make it there lets wish him many years of great racing.

On the flip side Giant / Kargo all the other sponsors put themselves out there in order to support the sport of ours, help it grow, FIND THE NEXT OLYMPIAN with maybe one day a medal and then a top step to follow.

We rather bash, comment, cyber bully and be stupid about things. When did we as people become so feeble minded that we can't see the good in something and just everyone the best for achieving what they have achieving? What will you and I be doing this weekend when that guy is representing his country at the Ofreakinglympics?

Crit is fine, but if it's all you can get out then maybe listen to your Dad's advice and rather say nothing at all. 

Is the article about the bike or the guy riding it?