Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

4 years on...

Entry fee is now R75

But you can apply for a 6 months permit. Thinks its R250

Whaaaaaaat? The last time I rode Suikerbosrand in February entry was R30! Look, I don't mind paying a bit more for a good facility but - besides for a really scenic ride - services have always been in tatters (I literally cannot remember when last the toilets were working and the Reserve has been without water for most of last year and this year). I really hope that this money will go towards getting the place in order.   

Edited by Karooryder

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entry is R70

R40 for a vehicle and then R30 per person.

We stopped at the Circus, its a easy 13km warm up to the South Entrance.

Paid R30...cheap as chips

Wait...that puts a different perspective on things. Rewind... :whistling:  

Have you ever not had a headwind on your way back to the circus ? :whistling:  :whistling:

Either way, the final sprint over the railway line makes the beer under the trees even more worthwhile.

Anybody doing the SBR double loop "race" thingy on the 28th? I'm pretty excited about it. Only ever done single loops, and always with someone who bonked prior to the last big climb (or, in one instance, being the guy who bonked), so excited to see what its like when I can go at my own pace.

Out of interest, what's the yearly permit at Thaba NSBB? I've fallen very much in love with that place, and having a yearly sub might save me some dosh.

Entry is R70

R40 for a vehicle and then R30 per person.

Paid R30...cheap as chips

And the Lion Tamer breakfast on the way back!

Have you ever not had a headwind on your way back to the circus ? :whistling:  :whistling:

Either way, the final sprint over the railway line makes the beer under the trees even more worthwhile.

Think I might still have a good time over that little bump. Takes 700w over 40s to break into the top 20!

Anybody doing the SBR double loop "race" thingy on the 28th? I'm pretty excited about it. Only ever done single loops, and always with someone who bonked prior to the last big climb (or, in one instance, being the guy who bonked), so excited to see what its like when I can go at my own pace.

Out of interest, what's the yearly permit at Thaba NSBB? I've fallen very much in love with that place, and having a yearly sub might save me some dosh.

Please share details of the "race" on 28th?

No idea, I have a 'special' arrangement there [emoji12]

you have to scan the barcode. Marketing 101..

Marketing fail. Far too few people in the target market of this event will know to do that, and even fewer will do it.

you have to scan the barcode. Marketing 101..

lost audience 101

They labeled the barcode as Buy Tickets, had they labeled it as More Info it would have a better click to view ratio