Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I went there Monday morning and was told they don’t know when they going to be open

Hey guys I went there Monday morning and was told they don’t know when they going to be open

Was open on Sunday.

so I wonder what now? its a  mission to go all the way to find it closed - is there any number that can be called on this?

I’ve tried a few times to get hold of someone but to no avail . I drove out from centurion cause I really wanted to do a 3hr hard ride thinking they should be open but yea they closed and the lady said they haven’t been given any indication as to when they opening

Saw this on the 'Friends of Suikerbosrand' Fb page just now

"No decision has been made regarding the re-opening of Suikerbosrand. Such a decision has to be made by the higher levels of GDARD and Provincial government who are responsible for the reserve. The water supply issues which arose after the electricity cables to the water pumps were stolen (pre-lockdown) are also a complicating factor. The shortage of water makes it harder to guarantee hygienic conditions for staff and visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic. Management are aware of how much people are missing hiking, cycling and otherwise enjoying the wildlife and scenic tranquility of Suikerbosrand, and are working tirelessly within the existing constraints."

Saw this on the 'Friends of Suikerbosrand' Fb page just now

"No decision has been made regarding the re-opening of Suikerbosrand. Such a decision has to be made by the higher levels of GDARD and Provincial government who are responsible for the reserve. The water supply issues which arose after the electricity cables to the water pumps were stolen (pre-lockdown) are also a complicating factor. The shortage of water makes it harder to guarantee hygienic conditions for staff and visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic. Management are aware of how much people are missing hiking, cycling and otherwise enjoying the wildlife and scenic tranquility of Suikerbosrand, and are working tirelessly within the existing constraints."

So much gets F..k..d up here because of theft...

All the time...theft theft theft

Cut the hands off when caught.

#YouDontNeedYourHands

• 1 month later...

Parks open this weekend?

Apparently, but Suikerbosrand is a provincial nature reserve and legally could have opened a month ago if they had the will

I got sent a photo of the temp just south of SBR this morning.

Come on summer....not far now..... :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...