Dimension Data out of World Tour - possibly

Madone69

Just glad they are leaving Cummings at home.. unless there's something in it for himself he is useless as a teammate .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You mean Valverde? Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never underestimate the Cav’

When he’s in the final gallop, there’s always a chance.

The TdF gets helluva hilly in the second half

He won’t have a lot of time to get his timing right

i don't know if I missed it somewhere but why is Louis not riding the TDF?

Dont think he was ever down to ride the tour having done the Giro.

Could possibly be focusing on the Vuelta

They're not looking to do well in GC this year but targeting stage wins so sending a team that works for Cavendish

This chilly highveld morning I am trying to reconcile this objective with being an 'African Team' - perhaps they have so much invested in Cav that throwing all their resources to try get some return (stage wins), especially sponsor-wise, no results, no sponsors?

Edited by kosmonooit

This chilly highveld morning I am trying to reconcile this objective with being an 'African Team' - perhaps they have so much invested in Cav that throwing all their resources to try get some return (stage wins), especially sponsor-wise, no results, no sponsors?

They've had *** luck and shyte results this year - I reckon they need to bank some points to keep the money flowing.

It was always going to be a balance between UCI points and developing African talent. The terrible first 6 months of 2018 has pushed them more towards the UCI points/sponsor pleasing side of the equation would be my guess.

Currently in last place in the team rankings: http://www.uci.ch/road/ranking/

They're not looking to do well in GC this year but targeting stage wins so sending a team that works for Cavendish

This TDF is not a sprinters race, and it has some mighty competition in the sprint category, so I dont believe this was their primary target at the start of the season.

They were most definitely going for position at the TdF, one of the main reasons for bringing Cheese in. BUT Cheese's performance at the Giro was probably not good enough for Doug to bet the farm on.

Backing Cheese is a big gamble. If Cheese repeats his Giro performance at the Tour, and he was the horse they backed, they would possibly leave empty handed. Most of the team would have ridden to support him, with that single focused goal. Going for GC is a full effort and not for the puppies.

Plan B, send Cav in and get gamble a few sprint stages and let the others guys get TV time maybe a stage here and there. This is not as valuable as UCI points, but its not a bad second option. Remember, DD is light on the UCI points front, even after 2015 and all of Cavs wins, they scraped through.

Having said that, I could be talking the biggest load of ***. 

This TDF is not a sprinters race, and it has some mighty competition in the sprint category, so I dont believe this was their primary target at the start of the season.

They were most definitely going for position at the TdF, one of the main reasons for bringing Cheese in. BUT Cheese's performance at the Giro was probably not good enough for Doug to bet the farm on.

Backing Cheese is a big gamble. If Cheese repeats his Giro performance at the Tour, and he was the horse they backed, they would possibly leave empty handed. Most of the team would have ridden to support him, with that single focused goal. Going for GC is a full effort and not for the puppies.

Plan B, send Cav in and get gamble a few sprint stages and let the others guys get TV time maybe a stage here and there. This is not as valuable as UCI points, but its not a bad second option. Remember, DD is light on the UCI points front, even after 2015 and all of Cavs wins, they scraped through.

Plan was always Louis Giro and Vuelta this year with Tour in 2019 and Cav at Tour in 2018.

Plan was always Louis Giro and Vuelta this year with Tour in 2019 and Cav at Tour in 2018.

Makes sense, as it could be Cavs last real go for the 34.

BUT if the Giro was a target are for Cheese, and not a training race, his performance is even more worrying!

DDD have got a solid spriint team. not the best, but definitely got the goods if Cav is close to his best. I don't see him making it to Paris in green (if at all), but it could be one helluva opening week for our team.

tour-de-france-2018-stage-1-profile-3a68

tour-de-france-2018-stage-2-profile-4b23

tour-de-france-2018-stage-4-profile-47f1

tour-de-france-2018-stage-7-profile-f94f

tour-de-france-2018-stage-8-profile-98e8

I like Cav and love DD but I don't think he'll make an impact. Too many injuries, late start to season, no race pace miles to speak of, poor showing at brit nationals last week and heading towards his twilight years.

Emotionally I hope I'm wrong but practically I don't have him in my fantasy team!!

I like Cav and love DD but I don't think he'll make an impact. Too many injuries, late start to season, no race pace miles to speak of, poor showing at brit nationals last week and heading towards his twilight years.

Emotionally I hope I'm wrong but practically I don't have him in my fantasy team!!

you forgot prone to crashing....

sidi's

Met

Colnago

Door