New and improved Sahmurai Sword launched at Eurobike

News bot

Here's an idea... make them out of alu, then they'll be a million times stronger. Also, make some way of taking them out when the cap breaks off. That taper is close to impossible to get a grip on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So weird that people have had issues.. we've had them since they were first available they are still there and I've never had an issue with them coming loose or falling out.[emoji53]

Are you guys following the instructions[emoji6]

guys... instructions... think there is the issue! 

Really a great idea for a product, mine has saved me and others countless times, but unfortunately gone wondering unexpectedly after trackside knocks. Feel the plastic should perhaps be of a softer more malleable type for the exposed regions and perhaps do the screw in bit as a Alu or similar metal insert as mine have also stripped ( thread tape works ). Love the idea but don't think I will be replacing at current price and longevity

When I read the about improvement and them listening to rider feedback I expect first on the list to be improved retention.

Didnt find it anywhere, so clearly they didnt listen to rider feedback after all.

Here's an idea... make them out of alu, then they'll be a million times stronger. Also, make some way of taking them out when the cap breaks off. That taper is close to impossible to get a grip on.

just knock it through...

There is definitely a way to assemble them incorrectly and then they don't tighten properly - got my partners bike back from a shop after replacing bars and they would not stay in properly for love or money - then put them back together properly and as good as new again - still running my originals after more than 2 years and several falls without issues after.more than 3000km of racing with them

The internal diameter of bars differ that's why they work for some but not for others and the developers clearly didn't make sure they can fit the bars with a bigger internal diameter.

Edited by Ryno.

The internal diameter of bars differ that's why they work for some but not for others and the developers clearly didn't make sure they can fit the bars with a bigger internal diameter.

Or the ones with a smaller diameter. Cannot fit mine into the Enve bars

can they improve the way they lock in place? lost mine... popped out during a ride.

I've lost 2 . They need to make the left hand one a reverse thread as it comes loose when u pull on the bars

Strange that people are having such problems with them falling out. Mine have only ever fallen out once and that's because my bars clipped a wire fence. I have fallen too many times to count, the Sahmurai Swords are super scratched up but still doing their job.

But but hubby has them on his Enve bars[emoji53]

I am convinced you guys don't read instructions.[emoji23]

Edited by Gen