The 2017 Absa Cape Epic route: from whales to trails

News bot

So the question then becomes......WHICH IS THE TOUGHEST MTB STAGE EVENT IN THE WORLD? I suppose we will never know..

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the question then becomes......WHICH IS THE TOUGHEST MTB STAGE EVENT IN THE WORLD? I suppose we will never know..

Each mtb'er you ask will have a different answer ...

They should market it as the most expensive mtb race, that would be the truth, or maybe I don't know of another more expensive race ... saying it's the toughest is dof, 

Going out on a limb here but can I assume you don't work in marketing?

Iron Bike....  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I think what Jewbacca is alluding to, is the CE marketing team selling this as the toughest mtb event out there.

Toughest MTB event or toughest MTB race? 

My question is: If there is no prize money for winning the Freedom Challenge, is it still regarded as an MTB race or is it just that, a challenge?

My question is: If there is no prize money for winning the Freedom Challenge, is it still regarded as an MTB race or is it just that, a challenge?

for those in contention it is definitely a race. For the rest it's more of a matter of survival.

These no prize money for winning the 100m final at school, so is that also not a race?

If there is a start, a finish and you're time is recorded, it's a race.

I would give my left tit to ride this event. Have to get the kids through school and varsity first though.....

Look at it this way...there won't be universities worth going to in SA soon, so there's a good chance of you being able to enter sooner than you thought!

I think they should make is much, much, much, harder. 

So freaking tough that:

1.) those who says it's not tough enough

and

2.) those who says it is the toughest

can both be happy.  :ph34r:

Edited by IH8MUD

I would give my left tit to ride this event. Have to get the kids through school and varsity first though.....

Look at it this way...there won't be universities worth going to in SA soon, so there's a good chance of you being able to enter sooner than you thought!

Wahoo lives in Nor Arrlind. They will have uni's to go to in the future.  :thumbup:

Wahoo lives in Nor Arrlind. They will have uni's to go to in the future.  :thumbup:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  The Leftist virus spreads far and with haste.