Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

☝️ Momentum dropped the push-ups and sit-ups a yearor 2 ago. The did a skin fold test for fat measurement when I went last.

I went for mine in Sep/Oct 2019..

I was required to do multiple exercises but No "skin fold". 

Clearly the Biokinetics people are doing what the want wrt tests.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather just cycle or swipe at the gym 3 times a week, will get the same amount of points without paying the Biokenetics consultation per person.

Also, if you are stuck behind a desk the whole day, 300 calories is easier to do than 10,000 steps. 

Also, if you are stuck behind a desk the whole day, 300 calories is easier to do than 10,000 steps. 

So an interesting thing I have picked up. I always used to have those red/grey pedometers for my steps, then started using the cheapest garmin watch which was the vivofit 2 at the time, upgraded as it died to 3 and then 4. As I have never really managed more than just over a year out of a vivofit before it dying I decided to persuade my folks to give me a forerunner for xmas. So I commute to work and if I ride a bit extra I get the 300 calories no problem but on the step side of things, with the old vivofits I would get to work and already have over 4000 steps that it picked up while riding. With my new forerunner, i'll be lucky if I have 1000. So if for some reason I don't get my 300 calories from the commutes(happens on days when I am tired and just pedal easy) and I have a slow day at work, I can struggle to get 10k steps. With the vivofit, majority of the time I would get my 10k steps before lunch time and on a bad day I would get it while riding home. So some devices definitely pick up steps a lot easier than others.

Correct.  With the vivofits you are on a 1,000 steps just for waking up, going to the loo, getting dressed and going for breakfast.   But as you say, they seem to just last their 12 months! 

Now that Momentum have taken over short term insurance from Alexander Forbes, will those policies I have with AF count for anything?

Gen?

Edited by Grantc

Level 5 will affect your discount you receive on your monthly gym fee, No?

attachicon.gifLevel 5.JPG

I did the Fitness assessment Test late December 2019 & achieved a 5. All i remember them testing was Hamstring Flexibility & Shoulder Flexibility. Height, Weight Waist measurements & the Step Test to see how quickly your Hear Rate Recovers.

☝️ Momentum dropped the push-ups and sit-ups a yearor 2 ago. The did a skin fold test for fat measurement when I went last.

The new tests differs from the test from 2018/19

Edited by Wil6

Correct.  With the vivofits you are on a 1,000 steps just for waking up, going to the loo, getting dressed and going for breakfast.   But as you say, they seem to just last their 12 months! 

Ok so it's not just me that had issues with them. My last one the battery was only lasting 20 days and I could only get it from a security shop for R40. The previous ones the screen had like blank spots on them.

Now that Momentum have taken over short term insurance from Alexander Forbes, will those policies I have with AF count for anything?

Gen?

Do you have short term insurance with AF?

I will find out and come back to as I really don't know and haven't received correspondence about that yet.

Edited by Gen

Just got back from Wimpy and against my better judgment I ordered a Latte regular but double shot  :thumbdown:  I'll try my luck next time and order a triple shot maybe just maybe the vouchers will be of good use after all. Alternative is the double shot Latte with less milk.

Do you have short term insurance with AF?

I will find out and come back to as I really don't know and haven't received correspondence about that yet.

Thanks Gen.

Yes - short term insurance with AF

Thanks Gen.

Yes - short term insurance with AF

I have sent our consultant a mail so will give feedback once I have heard back from her.

Edit.

Apparently not[emoji2368]

Edited by Gen

You need to be relatively fit and have decent core strength.. there are pushups etc that need to be done.. but not all that hard if you are active

Are pushups a new thing? Where not there last year. Last year I got level 5 but can't do pushups due to a dodgy shoulder!

Just a heads up, I see you have to re-link ALL of your devices for Active Dayz. Received a mail from Multiply, and when I checked, all of my devices was de-linked. 

Just a heads up, I see you have to re-link ALL of your devices for Active Dayz. Received a mail from Multiply, and when I checked, all of my devices was de-linked. 

Seems there is a toss up somewhere..

Didn't get my active day for yesterday..

And today i cannot relink Strava or Garmin 

post-104404-0-92025800-1579785470_thumb.jpg

I also didn’t get my active day from my ride yesterday.. no email for me either. Why would they suddenly delink the devices? 

has anyone got their points for attakwas elite event?