Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

I think if you get the 16 Active dayz for the last 6 months you don't need the fitness assessment. There always used to be a rule like that. I haven't been for a fitness assessment for 4 years because of this.

Apologies, i said 3 previously but meant 4 active days per week.

Average of 16 per month.. that's 4 active days per week..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies, i said 3 previously but meant 4 active days per week.

Average of 16 per month.. that's 4 active days per week..

Yeah, for me that is pretty easy. My wife used to struggle to get 10k per day when she was working. Now she is a stay at home Mom she does 10k most days.

The wife often records between 12 and 16 days, so thought it would be a good way to take the stress out of monitoring the situation. Would also be nice for me to "insure" against an injured month or two.
Ons raak nie jonger nie...

I think if you get the 16 Active dayz for the last 6 months you don't need the fitness assessment. There always used to be a rule like that. I haven't been for a fitness assessment for 4 years because of this.

Haven't seen or experienced this rule. Post comrades time off plus illness had me loose out on health returns this winter... 

You need to be relatively fit and have decent core strength.. there are pushups etc that need to be done.. but not all that hard if you are active

They seem to change this every year... are they whipping out the calipers to measure body fat this time around?  :unsure:

They seem to change this every year... are they whipping out the calipers to measure body fat this time around? :unsure:

Yeah they do that too..sigh.

At least it is now valid for a year and not 6 months like before.

Edited by Gen

They seem to change this every year... are they whipping out the calipers to measure body fat this time around?  :unsure:

RLucas , no they are not .

I did my Health assessment last week .

Had to do as many push-ups in 1 min as possible (26 for a skinny roadie ) , then they calculate the step height according to height and I had to do 6min34 on a step of 38cm high .

You wear a HR strap and at the end of my 6 min , they look at your resting heart rate after 1 min post steps (if that makes sense ) .

You also do the grip strength test ... no idea why .

It is a lot tougher than previous tests , presuming push-ups and step ups is not your thing .

Edited by Popit

Had to do as many push-ups in 1 min as possible (26 for a skinny roadie ) , then they calculate the step height according to height and I had to do 6min34 on a step of 38cm high .

You wear a HR strap and at the end of my 6 min , they look at your resting heart rate after 1 min post steps (if that makes sense ) .

It is a lot tougher than previous tests , presuming push-ups and step ups is not your thing .

Did you manage to achieve the highest score with the push ups? Going next week and was wandering about this

Finally have some of my cover points loaded. Sitting on 742.

Short term for the wife = 120

Medical myself = 100

Medical for the wife = 100

Retirement myself = 120

Risk myself = 120

Short term myself = 120

Still a few more they need to load, although what is the max? That is 680 for having cover.

Did you manage to achieve the highest score with the push ups? Going next week and was wandering about this

I have asked what their criteria for the push-ups is . As I mentioned I managed 26 . I am 54 years old .

Not sure how they score this , awaiting answers to my queries .

Medical myself = 100

Retirement myself = 120

Risk myself = 120

Short term myself = 120

Still a few more they need to load, although what is the max? That is 680 for having cover.

Lekker

I have a client and his wife that are on 1008 points as of this morning but we are still waiting for some of their product points to be allocated.

Medical myself = 100

Retirement myself = 120

Risk myself = 120

Short term myself = 120

Take a car each to Tygerwheel for the R99 momentum multiply assessment.

you can buy a voucher and get 25% off on the multiply online store. 

Unfortunately the cheapest voucher is R500 bust lasts for 3 years..

Take a car each to Tygerwheel for the R99 momentum multiply assessment.

you can buy a voucher and get 25% off on the multiply online store. 

Unfortunately the cheapest voucher is R500 bust lasts for 3 years..

If I still need points at the end of the year i'll do that. Last few years I have got 1500 by July/Aug so haven't needed to spend any extra money. Will still do my health assessment soon, Momentum come to my work and do them here so I don't even need to go on my own time. Then I will meet with my buddy for my annual financial advice talk of 15min and then 2 hours nonsense talk. All "free" points luckily.

Do the ladies do modified push-ups?

Level 5 will affect your discount you receive on your monthly gym fee, No?

post-3951-0-75274000-1579609386_thumb.jpg

I did the Fitness assessment Test late December 2019 & achieved a 5. All i remember them testing was Hamstring Flexibility & Shoulder Flexibility. Height, Weight Waist measurements & the Step Test to see how quickly your Hear Rate Recovers.

☝️ Momentum dropped the push-ups and sit-ups a yearor 2 ago. The did a skin fold test for fat measurement when I went last.