Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

Last I saw, only the fix discount of 25% (multiply premium) regardless of status at VA.

or the amount of visits you make? In that case it’s time to cancel the gym membership.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was sitting at Durban airport yesterday. Wanted something to drink, a massive advertising TV had wimpy adverts playing. So knowing that I have 2 free coffee vouchers with them I decided to go and order a smoothie from Kauai. They seriously need to add more options, otherwise they just wasting money by sending me a SMS every week.

free coffee vouchers with them I decided to go and order a smoothie from Kauai. They seriously need to add more options, otherwise they just wasting money by sending me a SMS every week.

Just for preciseness, it is not just coffee... 

Which treats can I choose if I achieve a Weekly Win? You can select a coupon for one of the following treats from Wimpy: • Regular Caffè Latte • Regular Cappuccino • Regular Coffee • Regular Americano • Single Espresso • Double Espresso • Regular Filter Coffee • Chai Tea Latte • Regular Tea • Rooibos Tea

Just for preciseness, it is not just coffee... 

Which treats can I choose if I achieve a Weekly Win? You can select a coupon for one of the following treats from Wimpy: • Regular Caffè Latte • Regular Cappuccino • Regular Coffee • Regular Americano • Single Espresso • Double Espresso • Regular Filter Coffee • Chai Tea Latte • Regular Tea • Rooibos Tea

Yeah I know. Sorry what I meant was they need to add more options than just wimpy. Wimpy doesn't exactly scream healthy at me. Or a donate option, afaik vitality has a donate option? 

TBH I can't remember the last time I was at a wimpy.

Just got an email that if you join Planet Fitness you'll get 25% discount on gym fees regardless of how many times you visit the gym.

Then I went over to Virgin Active and see the Private Club guys also get 25%.

Admittedly I have not been keep track of this but In the past if you went to VA more than 12 times per month you'll get more than 25% discount on your monthly gym fees, is my understanding correct? Has this now fallen away completely?

I go to Virgin Active on Multiply.

The 25% discount works up to a maximum of something like a R500 discount.

It then works on a rolling 3-month basis where you need to be at gym approximately 10-12 times average per month for you to get the maximum discount.

It catches you when you're sick, go on leave, etc.

You can contact them an put it on hold, then you'll get charged pro rata.

I've done this in the past.

Not sure if it's still a viable option

I go to Virgin Active on Multiply.

The 25% discount works up to a maximum of something like a R500 discount.

It then works on a rolling 3-month basis where you need to be at gym approximately 10-12 times average per month for you to get the maximum discount.

It catches you when you're sick, go on leave, etc.

So I got this email yesterday from Multiply

as a Multiply Premier member you get 25% off your gym fees no matter how many times you visit the gym. Plus, you don’t pay an activation fee.

To help you start your new year strong, you’ll get your first three months on us. Join Planet Fitness between 1 and 31 January 2020 and only pay your first premium in April 2020.

Step into the new year with more savings and sign up at your nearest Planet Fitness branch. Click here to find out more.       Yours in wellness

So it seems it is not just Virgin active now.

Momentum frustrates me. Mobile app and web account suddenly have none of my products linked. One day it works, next day gone. Now its the whole call centre thing  :wacko:

Anyone that can vouch for how easy it is to get a level 5 fitness assessment?

Thinking the mrs and I should go.

You need to be relatively fit and have decent core strength.. there are pushups etc that need to be done.. but not all that hard if you are active

I don't know how many of you play golf..but you can earn an active day through FitVault for golf

Disclaimer, I have not tested it out..only came across it today..but have sent my boss to play golf so that he can give me feedback. 2b695031222efb66dd76d1f7a9f506b8.jpg5d8990800b6f96fcca00c20249d5056e.jpg26cba244430377530422013120613af3.jpg7f2da20c2d6239fa083b45b0b7626e11.jpg

Edited by Gen

You need to be relatively fit and have decent core strength.. there are pushups etc that need to be done.. but not all that hard if you are active

I found that it was more HR and flexibility..

Edit:

If you can do the steps, push ups, crunches with ease and keep a constant healthy HR you get a 4.. 

That said, i got a 3.. But i was 110kg at the time.

Edited by throttles

I can't touch my toes, and my wife can't do sit-ups. Probably a waste of time and money if we can't both get a 5...

I found that it was more HR and flexibility..

Edit:

If you can do the steps, push ups, crunches with ease and keep a constant healthy HR you get a 4.. 

That said, i got a 3.. But i was 110kg at the time.

I can't touch my toes, and my wife can't do sit-ups. Probably a waste of time and money if we can't both get a 5...

Rather just cycle or swipe at the gym 3 times a week, will get the same amount of points without paying the Biokenetics consultation per person.

I think if you get the 16 Active dayz for the last 6 months you don't need the fitness assessment. There always used to be a rule like that. I haven't been for a fitness assessment for 4 years because of this.