Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

Yep mine also does not want to link to Strava and Garmin. Timeout error.

Thx.. then there must be a system problem.. I shall report it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received the following

Basically there is a traffic jam on the website.. pls try again later.4a6ed1ac55fbbc6081bae43006df4682.jpg

Kept on getting a timed out response after we did the whole permission to share data bit..so pls keep an eye on it and let me know if you have a similar issue..because then there is def a communication problem between Multiply and the device website.. (this was garmin )

I got one linked (not sure it will pull through?), but the other two profiles of our family this happens, we cannot link nothing and keep on getting errors.   Also Garmin! 

I got one linked (not sure it will pull through?), but the other two profiles of our family this happens, we cannot link nothing and keep on getting errors. Also Garmin!

Traffic jam on website..

That is the currently explanation.

Somewhere in an office in Momentum the following conversation happened:

Boss: So we are launching a new product, Multiply, that is going to work with an app.

IT: Great but the app isn't ready.

B: No problem. People will love it anyway. Also, by the way, we are also launching Multiply Money, a product integral to the Multiply offering.

IT: Should we integrate it with the new Multiply App?

B: Well, of course not, create another App called Multiply Money, people will love it.

IT: Sure. Right away. When is it launching.

B: We already launched it. But wait, we also just lost Takealot, lets increase our benefits to now include coffee vouchers based on active days being reached.

IT: Nice, from where?

B: Why, the first name that comes up when you mention great coffee of course, Wimpy. People will love it.

IT: Oh, how do people access these benefits. Should we integrate it with one of our two apps already running?

B: Of course not, lets only let them access it from the website. People will love it.

IT: People are now using their benefits, what should we do?

B: Well wipe all the links to the only mechanisms that allow you to accrue the benefits, linked devices, and call it an upgrade. People love upgrades.

IT: Well, people are re-linking their devices, what now?

B: Its so obvious, crash the site and tell people to try again later. They will love it. Good job everyone.

The last two months...

So first they discontinued their pedometer as it does not gel with that app etc anymore. 

So I moved over to a tom tom  have lying around for my daily steps.

Then they discontinue the tom tom link and you have to pull it via strava from March.

Then they come with this today.

I am not the happiest about Momentum and their technical sides currently. 

Boss: So we are launching a new product, Multiply, that is going to work with an app.

B: No problem. People will love it anyway. Also, by the way, we are also launching Multiply Money, a product integral to the Multiply offering.

B: Well, of course not, create another App called Multiply Money, people will love it.

B: We already launched it. But wait, we also just lost Takealot, lets increase our benefits to now include coffee vouchers based on active days being reached.

B: Why, the first name that comes up when you mention great coffee of course, Wimpy. People will love it.

IT: Oh, how do people access these benefits. Should we integrate it with one of our two apps already running?

B: Of course not, lets only let them access it from the website. People will love it.

B: Well wipe all the links to the only mechanisms that allow you to accrue the benefits, linked devices, and call it an upgrade. People love upgrades.

B: Its so obvious, crash the site and tell people to try again later. They will love it. Good job everyone.

Lol this is an argument I have had with them over and over... dammit get a one stop shop app where you can do everything and would have no need to use the website...

Baby step[emoji1787]

HAHAHAHA. Nail! Head!

They sent me a survey sometime last year and one of the questions was do I think they a technologically advanced company moving forward with the times and I gave them the lowest possible score. I said please sort out your apps and make things easier. I don't think they listened. I at least understand the stuff, but my folks find it very cumbersome and are always asking me for help. When I say you need this and that they say why can't they just integrate everything. My Dad HATES apps and then I tell him he needs 2, hahaha ja that didn't happen.

The Wimpy deals are not valid for takeaways anymore - so says Tygervalley at least.
Can anyone else confirm?
A bit of a joke really.

Edit: Momentum replied to me to say that the beverages may be taken as a take-away. Seems not everyone received the memo though.

Edited by Ferro

The Wimpy deals are not valid for takeaways anymore - so says Tygervalley at least.

Can anyone else confirm?

A bit of a joke really.

Well, this will be nonsense if indeed so!!! 

Edit:    so you have a weekly wins target, it is the 0/3 on your dashboard.  For example 3 active days per week then to get a weekly win

They have upped to from 3 active (Cal) days to 4 for me - I suppose in a few weeks I will have to do more than 7 active (Cal) days in a week!

Another heads up, I had to re register my Momentum card with the Pick & Pay card to get the 12% cash backs. It just stopped working since the 14th of January. 

Another heads up, I had to re register my Momentum card with the Pick & Pay card to get the 12% cash backs. It just stopped working since the 14th of January.

Huh...oh dear heavens..

Have you notified Multiply?