Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

Yeah the new 2024 system will have a negative affect on my decision to stay with Multiply. I will only be able to hit tier 2, so my premium will fall from 60% in 2023 to 35% in 2024

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/21/2022 at 12:49 PM, Wil6 said:

Yeah the new 2024 system will have a negative affect on my decision to stay with Multiply. I will only be able to hit tier 2, so my premium will fall from 60% in 2023 to 35% in 2024

It doesn’t drop straight away. It drops 5% in 2024 and then 2.5% each year until you reach your new discount.
for info, the discount replacement called life returns max discount will be 35%.

So R250 per R1,000 premium worse off then.  This will cost me a heck of a lot in life insurance premiums!  You get 5% discount if you have a regular debit order in place, that is more important than being fit and healthy right. 

Problem is I don't think there is better opposition, but Momentum has really cut the advantages thinner and thinner each year. 

Edited by Jackes

20 minutes ago, Jackes said:

So R250 per R1,000 premium worse off then.  This will cost me a heck of a lot in life insurance premiums!  You get 5% discount if you have a regular debit order in place, that is more important than being fit and healthy right. 

Problem is I don't think there is better opposition, but Momentum has really cut the advantages thinner and thinner each year. 

Sorry to jump right in here... and it may have been said already

I too am going to miss the massive 60% discounts on all the policies. From what I have been told is that the big companies (Momentum, Discovery, FNB, + more) that offer these discounts and benefits for being a member (discounted flights, vouchers and really incredible benefits) have been forced to change there structures as it is unfair for them to offer these benefits when the smaller companies cannot.

As much as it sucks it looks like most of these benefit schemes are going to be changing to fall in line with the new rules.

Yeah, lost the Takealot discount first and replaced with a pathetic 15% from Makro

The new Safe Days is also load of BS with the requirement now 80% to qualify 

They obviously realized that they were losing out 

On 11/24/2022 at 5:50 PM, cadenceblur said:

Yeah, lost the Takealot discount first and replaced with a pathetic 15% from Makro

The new Safe Days is also load of BS with the requirement now 80% to qualify 

They obviously realized that they were losing out 

I just logged in yesterday to check and I see that the Safe Days requirement has jumped up to 80% halfway through the month.

I have a bunch of drives scoring 75% from home to work and then shorter rides scoring 95% and then total score for the day 78% = no Safe Day

All these hoops needing jumping through and moving the goal posts is becoming really tiring.

1 hour ago, Chingy182 said:

I just logged in yesterday to check and I see that the Safe Days requirement has jumped up to 80% halfway through the month.

I have a bunch of drives scoring 75% from home to work and then shorter rides scoring 95% and then total score for the day 78% = no Safe Day

All these hoops needing jumping through and moving the goal posts is becoming really tiring.

Oh, and wait till you see how difficult it is to actually achieve the 80%!

You will be penalized for everything little thing.

Someone should actually record a trip with a go pro and then compare it to what they score you - would love to see the results!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 11:52 AM, cadenceblur said:

Oh, and wait till you see how difficult it is to actually achieve the 80%!

You will be penalized for everything little thing.

Someone should actually record a trip with a go pro and then compare it to what they score you - would love to see the results!

I was thinking I was the only one with this issue.   Ever since they introduced this new system mid November everything is SCREWED!!!! 

You will not believe your eyes if I share some of the nonsense. 

Iphone

I get penalised for cornering on almost every trip, no matter what I do.   This morning I got a 24% cornering score for the corner I took 10m from my boys day care, with a string of mothers being parked their offloading their babies.   You would swear I went around that corner or two wheels and Ace Ventura parked right in between moms and babies.   That  BS (excuse the French for the lack of a better word) 24% now causes a non safe travel day.

Hauwei

My wife drives to our boys' swimming class.  He does his swimming class for more than half an hour, she is on her phone ONLY during that time since we know what this app does, drives home.   It records it as ONE trip and penalises her for being on her phone! 

Yet, she cannot get the app to record trips on her phone without logging into the app and even then it records perhaps 1 out of 5 trips.   The rest nothing or speed to low.    But when she walks around at work or at home, it automatically records trips? 

Yet, despite me mailing all of these with the proofs to Momentum, they just shrug their shoulders.

With all these screwing going on and all these headaches to try and still get some incentives, I am growing VERY close to get out of the Momentum basket after almost 20 years from the start.

Can all the other options also be so poor? 

On 12/9/2022 at 11:05 AM, Jackes said:

I was thinking I was the only one with this issue.   Ever since they introduced this new system mid November everything is SCREWED!!!! 

You will not believe your eyes if I share some of the nonsense. 

Iphone

I get penalised for cornering on almost every trip, no matter what I do.   This morning I got a 24% cornering score for the corner I took 10m from my boys day care, with a string of mothers being parked their offloading their babies.   You would swear I went around that corner or two wheels and Ace Ventura parked right in between moms and babies.   That  BS (excuse the French for the lack of a better word) 24% now causes a non safe travel day.

Hauwei

My wife drives to our boys' swimming class.  He does his swimming class for more than half an hour, she is on her phone ONLY during that time since we know what this app does, drives home.   It records it as ONE trip and penalises her for being on her phone! 

Yet, she cannot get the app to record trips on her phone without logging into the app and even then it records perhaps 1 out of 5 trips.   The rest nothing or speed to low.    But when she walks around at work or at home, it automatically records trips? 

Yet, despite me mailing all of these with the proofs to Momentum, they just shrug their shoulders.

With all these screwing going on and all these headaches to try and still get some incentives, I am growing VERY close to get out of the Momentum basket after almost 20 years from the start.

Can all the other options also be so poor? 

Yip, it’s a joke

A drive to the shops in bumper to bumper traffic and I get penalized for speeding!

And apparently you can only drive to somewhere familiar!

Hence my suggestion of a video recording of trips then compared to app results to expose them.

Saturday morning whilst having our morning coffee in bed, my wife's phone notified her that momentum has stated monitoring her journey....  The same app that does not even start when she logs into the app and when it does, it does not recognise the journeys as she does not drive faster than 20km/h apparently. 

So we had breakfast etc etc and went to town at 09:20.   So now this wonderful app of momentum gives her a 54% score on this trip and that causes ANOTHER non safe day, as she was on her phone.   (We also had some terrible driving in our bedroom as well apparently, as she only scored 25 for cornering, 12 for acceleration and 50 for braking)

This trip that the momentum app registers from 06:48 - 09:29, 162 minutes and 7.97km....

So the same app does not mind her to "drive" slower than 20km/h on Saturday mornings it seems. 

Yet, the problem is with your phone and your phones gps and signal etc etc

PS: Not one of the real trips we had on Saturday morning on my phone was under 90% as I drove like my great grandfather to see what it does!

4 hours ago, Jackes said:

(We also had some terrible driving in our bedroom as well apparently, as she only scored 25 for cornering, 12 for acceleration and 50 for braking)

a bit of overshare there. hehehehe :) 

• 5 weeks later...

Momentum Safe Dayz have become a joke. My wife and I both in the car for the same trip get vastly different trip ratings. Up to 70% different.

Yup, I was racking up the non safe days due to speeding @ 100km/h with my caravan on the N1 during the holiday.    

Also one BULL cornering incident per day on one of my wife's two daily trips causes her to have a daily non safe day, whilst all the other sections is in the 90%.... 

So over this!!!!

And we have not even come to the Myriad Discount screwing that we will get this year...

I am new to this as I switched to Momentum for short term insurance so chasing the elusive safe days.

Sorry if this has been answered before but does anyone have a view on whether cycling impacts the "safety score"? I imagine that cornering speeds on a road bike for example may exceed "safe" driving standards?

I seem to be struggling to get safe days on WFH days where the only outing was a bike ride in the morning.

• 1 month later...

Just a general Momentum comment.  

Normally everything they changes goes wrong the first month or two of the year, this year has been especially terrible on all levels, that has not even been changed and we are sitting at the beginning of the 4th month.

I'm talking safe days, weekly wins and monthly wins, active days, etc etc.

The part that is terrible is the support, normally their support to sort out the issues was great and speedy, now I am sitting with issues that has been reported almost a month back and resend and resend and still not resolved. 

You do not get resolutions, but not even any feedback. 

Multiply say Insure handles things, Insure says sorry Multiply handles it.

The Momentum service as a whole is not up to standard this year! 

Sadly what you say is so true. I've reported one issue 4 times with no resolution or feedback.